Recent content by cstinchcomb

  1. cstinchcomb

    THR Sheila-Seattle's Recovery Story

    Thanks, @Celle for your response and for copying my post over here. After answering @Sheila-Seattle 's questions on my preop thread I thought I should have found this thread and read it before posting, instead of replying first and reading afterwards. :sorry:. So ... a few follow up comments...
  2. cstinchcomb

    THR Sheila-Seattle's Recovery Story

    Hi @Sheila-Seattle ! I'm so glad your recovery is going well. Remember, you are still early in your recovery. The difference between 2 months and 3 months and 4 months is huge. Compression socks are a general fitness item. Some surgeons recommend them to reduce the likelihood of a blood clot...
  3. cstinchcomb

    THR Schaargi Hip #2 Nov. 2

    Did you ever find a massage therapist ? I'll dig around a little more in my Colorado network if you think it'd be helpful . Hugs. Darn covid. Massage really isn't safe right now . Have you tried any foam rolling ? Truly wishing for the best, and sooner rather than later .
  4. cstinchcomb

    THR Schaargi Hip #2 Nov. 2

    Hey @Schaargi! Given everything, it sounds like you are doing great. I also find it difficult to do my workouts without the discipline of the gym -- and this must really be more difficult there, in real winter. Covid sure doesn't help anything anywhere anyhow. Hmm boring exercises ... if you...
  5. cstinchcomb

    THR Cstinchcomb's Right Hip Recovery

    Happy Thanksgiving, everyone! I'm 6 months out. This year I am giving thanks for my second successful hip replacement. And certainly thankful for the support I've received here on BS. I know that I'll continue to improve, but realistically, even now, I feel normal. I'm swimming four times a...
  6. cstinchcomb

    THR Hello

    Sounds like you got a lot of benefit from the first go round; pretty much what I wanted for me. Ask them about the short sessions; maybe it's something in the way your doc or PA wrote the prescription. Seems like Lefty would benefit from the same successful treatment as Righty ... although, if...
  7. cstinchcomb

    THR Schaargi Hip #2 Nov. 2

    Savasana, there's a nicer name. So happy you're able to go to these, finally! :catdance:
  8. cstinchcomb

    THR Schaargi Hip #2 Nov. 2

    That yoga class, yum. It'll be strengthening, too, I bet. We need a Yoga Emoji. Enjoy. :SUNsmile: I hate clamshells. YMMV. More generally here's my emphatically personal and not medical strategy for any new exercises: Try a few (6 or less), making sure with your hand that you are using the...
  9. cstinchcomb

    THR Hello

    You are the best judge of whether or not your PT is worth it -- but from here it sounds like it's not worth either the time or the Covid risk. Can you correspond with your therapist to determine what they have in mind for future sessions? Yippee on the :swim: .... and of course :walking...
  10. cstinchcomb

    THR Pink Peony Recovery Thread

    You're back at the gym, you lucky person. :loveshwr: Congratulations!!!
  11. cstinchcomb

    THR Schaargi Hip #2 Nov. 2

    I love that you are able to take leave and focus on healing. Because aside from work hell, it sounds like you are doing excellent. :flwrysmile:
  12. cstinchcomb

    THR Cstinchcomb's Right Hip Recovery

    Thanks @Layla I hope all of you, too, have a lovely Autumn, or Spring for those in the Southern Hemisphere. The air here is much improved in the last couple weeks. But there are still a few months left of "fire season". Here's hoping that new fires can be extinguished while small. A lot of...
  13. cstinchcomb

    THR Schaargi Hip #2 Nov. 2

    Hey @Schaargi, great news on your uneventful, enjoyable mile walk. My friend there does not use a massage therapist, but I hope you find someone you like. Sending best wishes for as much success as possible with teaching online. 2020, what a year.
  14. cstinchcomb

    THR RTHR recovery thread - posterior approach

    If your drive permits this kind of potential stop, this is a great idea. Then you'll have the flexibility you need. Take some ice with you too. If in your normal circumstances this is not a super long drive, and if you are generally comfortable sitting in the car ... then you could well be...
  15. cstinchcomb

    THR Hello

    Sounds like you are doing excellent. I had hardly any bruising this time, which seemed like a miracle. Hip no. 1 in 2014, jeez, my entire LEG was black and blue, and it took at least a month -- maybe more -- for it to go away. I was prescribed Zarelto for that one, and the bruising continued...
Back
Top Bottom