Recent content by Crow22

  1. Crow22

    Bilateral TKR Nothing is Going to Stop Me Now!

    :martini: Hey ljrfrm just had to send you a cyber cocktail on celebrating our 1 year anniversary! Hope all is well with you, and I'm sending you lots of hugs and healing light.
  2. Crow22

    Bilateral TKR Crow22 Recovery Diary

    Hello everyone, wow, I can't believe that it's been a year already! They say time flies and no kidding. So what the heck have I been doing since last year? Well we left for Florida in January 2015 and it was really good for my knees. Walking in the sand/Ocean and hiking every day helped...
  3. Crow22

    Bilateral TKR Nothing is Going to Stop Me Now!

    Hey ljrfrm! Happy 1st year on our BTKR! Yea. I haven't been on here in ages, but I've been doing really awesome. I feel like I've gotten my life back and most days don't think about my knees. I'm sorry you have had some set backs, but hang in there. I'll post an update on my thread...
  4. Crow22

    Bilateral TKR Crow22 Recovery Diary

    Hi @ljrfrm I looked up Lemongrass, as I've only had it as a tea, which is really good. It's used topically for sores and insect bites. The tea is good if you are coming down with a cold, and for nausea. I'm not sure what deep blue is. Can you believe it's almost 12 weeks?? Wow where has...
  5. Crow22

    Bilateral TKR It's finally time!!

    Hey @ljrfrm Seems like you are doing really well. I'm sorry that you are sore and working through those healing muscles. It can be very frustrating at times. I too am trying to loose those "surgery" pounds. My husband fed me really well when I came home and now I'm working on getting back...
  6. Crow22

    Bilateral TKR It's finally time!!

    @ljrfrm WhoooHooo yes!! I am so very happy for you. Those stretches are tough at times, but they really do bring results. Esp those dreaded heel slides!! They told me while I was in the hospital that the new knee likes to move, so when I get stiff, I do try to get up and move, if even for...
  7. Crow22

    Bilateral TKR Crow22 Recovery Diary

    Happy Saturday @ljrfrm and @newlife68. @ljrfrm is totally on in that we all seem to make this great leap forward at around 10 weeks. So take heart an know that you can do it too, it will take some hard work, but it's worth it when you are walking and forget that you had knee surgery, and...
  8. Crow22

    Bilateral TKR Crow22 Recovery Diary

    Wow @ljrfrm you go with your big girl bad self! lol Going down the stairs one step after the other is very intimating, but take it slow, and do only 2 or 3 steps at first. I think the main thing is to try to do it, and go from there. You know Rome wasn't built in a day, so I would say try...
  9. Crow22

    Bilateral TKR Crow22 Recovery Diary

    @madinana thank you so much. Yes I really hope to be able to conquer this sleeping thang! We will all be cheering you on an are right there with you.
  10. Crow22

    Bilateral TKR Crow22 Recovery Diary

    Hey @ljrfrm The stretches that I dislike the most but work really well are the heel slides using a strap to pull that knee up. Another one is when I'm coming downstairs, I bend that knee that's stiff and hold for 10 secs. I do this all the way down the stairs and can feel the stretch. The...
  11. Crow22

    Bilateral TKR Crow22 Recovery Diary

    @ljrfrm We have just been very busy, as usual we try not to let too much grass grow under our feet!! lol My husband has been really sick with a very bad case of shingles, so I've had the opportunity to take care of him. (As much as he will let me!) I've been healing up very nicely and can do...
  12. Crow22

    Bilateral TKR It's finally time!!

    @ljrfrm Happy 9weeks! It sounds like you are doing really great, and I know you had to love the massage! I've also considered swimming, as I think it will be a great way to get back in shape and tone up. With your ROM I don't think you will have any problem getting out of the pool. I too am...
  13. Crow22

    Bilateral TKR Crow22 Recovery Diary

    Hey @ljrfrm a most happy belated 8 weeks! wow can you believe it? I've been busy with our greenhouse and garden/orchard, so that's why I've been MIA. This time of year is really busy for us as we are harvesting produce, freezing, canning and getting ready for winter. I'm doing really...
  14. Crow22

    Bilateral TKR It's finally time!!

    Hey @ljrfrm congrats to you on driving, you go girl! We will start calling you Mario! I'll write my update on my post, but it's so good to hear that you are doing SO very well. You just keep up the hard work, and I know you can see all the everyday changes and progress that you are making...
  15. Crow22

    Bilateral TKR Crow22 Recovery Diary

    Hey my surgery buddie @ljrfrm Happy 7 weeks tomorrow!!! :cheers: How has your week been, I hope that you are feeling better and I'm glad that your OS has given you encouragement and let you know that yes, you are right where you need to be, and your are doing awesome! Wow can you believe...
Back
Top Bottom