Recent content by CookingLoverGirl

  1. CookingLoverGirl

    TKR Knee Replacement Infection - Dad's TKR

    Thank you so much everyone for your positive posts. After being gone for a while, I have come back to once thank you for these posts. It was these that helped my father stay alive. We have been through so much these past few months, and I almost lost my dad, but thank God, today he survived.
  2. CookingLoverGirl

    THR Dislocation after 10th Dec 2012 surgery

    SO SO sorry to hear this!!!! My God, I hope things will get better for you. From experience, I can tell you that a larger size diameter head/ball will help you. It's much more anatomical. I have one in, and while I haven't tried to move past the recommended ranges, I have heard plenty that you...
  3. CookingLoverGirl

    THR Hip not healing

    I'm so sorry to hear about this!! God, Novemenber is a LONG time to wait for an incision to close! I don't want to ask this, but has he been screened for Diabetes? Because it can sometimes impede healing... Also, if his wound is still covered and not allowed to breathe, it can certainly be a...
  4. CookingLoverGirl

    TKR Knee Replacement Infection - Dad's TKR

    Thank you SO much RestAssured , Jacky48 , and 1ELISEA ! I am sorry I've been gone for a while, my recovery took quite a while as my femur was fractured during the surgery and I was in some really horrible post-op pain, as well as depression. But I'm doing my very best at staying strong even...
  5. CookingLoverGirl

    THR Recovery Roller Coaster

    Thank you so much everyone, I always profit from your words of encouragement, and from the funny moments, such as bottomshollow reference in regards to drinking! A nice margarita would be not so bad hehe. But drink my milk I must! I had been offsite recently because I was in a bit of a funk, the...
  6. CookingLoverGirl

    THR Recovery Roller Coaster

    Thank you! jojouk1983 I have sure been through a lot, but I really hope that soon it will just be a bad dream. I really do! I wish you all the best too, hope you're either enjoying your new hip, or preparing nicely!! :) Feel free to share your thoughts with us too, we are here to listen :)...
  7. CookingLoverGirl

    THR Recovery Roller Coaster

    -------------------------- Most definitely!! I'm so glad she doesn't have to eat the frilly cap either!! LOL! that would have made for one unpleasant belly ache hehehe. She is in luck today ;) Thank you so much for the support on my daddy, he doesn't have a membership, but I am planning on...
  8. CookingLoverGirl

    THR Recovery Roller Coaster

    Thank you so much everyone!! Your posts helped me so much in this whole weekend...I had to get to a doctor, and it was such a comfort to read that it would likely NOT be infection since it's what I hoped for...I am very relieved to say that although they're keeping an eye on my wound for further...
  9. CookingLoverGirl

    THR Recovery Roller Coaster

    Thank you so much guys for your reassurance, I should clarify that I haven't had any Betadine on it for weeks now, so the green residue is not a result of that. With that said, I'm about to call my nurses :-( please please wish me luck. I am really terrified of an infection. My father may face...
  10. CookingLoverGirl

    THR Recovery Roller Coaster

    Thank you ladies, I will call the hospital right away. Good god... This is just what I needed. A blow to bring me down to my knees. I don't know if I can take any more.
  11. CookingLoverGirl

    TKR Knee Replacement Infection - Dad's TKR

    Thank you, I truly hope so too!! I really hope that things go well.. It is unclear whether they have stopped the infection, given that they're still administering antibiotics. A culture should be done soon, as for the amputation, they are hinting at it because dad has severe rheumatoid...
  12. CookingLoverGirl

    THR Recovery Roller Coaster

    I am a huge chicken... I thought I should write to ask for some guidance to something that I'm very afraid may be infection within my wound. I had my replacement exactly 15 days ago, and since then, I've been suturing a small yellow weepy discharge that nurses say is NORMAL. However, today...
  13. CookingLoverGirl

    THR Recovery Roller Coaster

    Thank you so much everyone! Indeed these are signs of recovery, and it does get bettter every day! Vilebyrd - I read about how you were able to get up from your car and walk smoothly---It gives me so much hope!!! @stargirl- I hope you're doing great! Please continue to share about your...
  14. CookingLoverGirl

    TKR Knee Replacement Infection - Dad's TKR

    Of course! My name is Angie :) Thank you very much for your kind words, I am the way I am towards my father because he has been an incredible role model. Since I was a child, he has suffered from severe rheumatoid arthritis, and would wake up every single morning, stiff joints and all, just...
  15. CookingLoverGirl

    TKR Knee Replacement Infection - Dad's TKR

    Thank you so much ladies, you have managed to put a smile on my face, which is something I have desperately needed. When it rains, it pours, and the storm here is surely ongoing. My father's spirits have been harder to raise than the economy, and I am desperately trying to help him. Next week...
Back
Top Bottom