TKR Knee Replacement Infection - Dad's TKR

Status
Not open for further replies.
CLG, I just found your thread and read from the beginning! My, you have been given a full plate haven't you :console2: I am so sorry for what your dad, you and you're family are going through, it brings me to tears, however you are receiving some wonderful prayers from other BoneSmartie members and I would like to include myself in the prayer chain! :angel:
I hope you have a good support group nearby to help you cope with the dark days! We will always be here as your virtual support group as well, so come back as often as you can, and write down your feeling, thoughts, fears and ideas, by writing them down you will be able to release them from deep with-in your heart and release some of the pain, anger and frustration! God bless you my dear, you are truly a good person for the care and love you give your father!

I hope your hip is continuing to heal well my young BoneSmartie friend, with heavy shoulders! Stay well and try and stay positive!

Psst... On another note, Sonja RestAssured is really not as SHY as she says, but we play along and let her think so, for the fun of it! :heehee:
 
What Jacky! :yikes:

You have been stringing me along this whole time! I thought you KNEW I was terribly shy! :happydance:
 
Huherm! Oh yeah, right, forgot for a moment, that's right you're the shy one! :skep:
Thank you for remembering! I will forgive you, realizing that you are a little older than me so maybe you are just a bit forgetful! :wink: :rotfl:
 
Hahahahahaha... Now who's the bad girl, huh? :loll:

Youth is wasted on the young sometimes! :heehee:

CLG, pay no mind to use WE are just the older crowd! :shrug:
 
Thank you so much ladies, you have managed to put a smile on my face, which is something I have desperately needed. When it rains, it pours, and the storm here is surely ongoing. My father's spirits have been harder to raise than the economy, and I am desperately trying to help him. Next week, I will try to navigate the medi-cal system to see what types of mental health services can be offered to him.

2 more weeks of antibiotics, before they decide what will happen. I pray so God blesses EACH ONE OF YOU, for all the encouragement and beautiful words of kindness that you've given me. I am recovering beautifully, and I pray each day so that my father will soon join me.

I hope all of you are doing good in your daily lives, please feel free to share any prayer requests each of you may have, so that I can pray for you too!!
 
CLG, Sweetie do you think you could share your name with us so we can be more personnel and sharing? I think you are such a sweet young lady, full of love and caring! Anyone would be so blessed to have you for their daughter!

Take care sweetie, and take care of yourself! You are special! :friends:
 
Of course! My name is Angie :)

Thank you very much for your kind words, I am the way I am towards my father because he has been an incredible role model. Since I was a child, he has suffered from severe rheumatoid arthritis, and would wake up every single morning, stiff joints and all, just to take me to school. Rain or shine, hot or cold. He always sacrificed himself for our family of four, and put us before his aches and pains, even taking to selling food in the streets in order to help us earn more money in years when were very poor. It's a long story, from which I strongly believe that he deserves to have a chance at a better life, he deserves to experience true bliss, and true relief. I can only hope and dream that such a day will come.
 
Angie,

I pray that your Dad gets to experience the good life with a new knee! Have they stopped the infection? Why are they still mentioning amputation? :shrug:
 
Thank you, I truly hope so too!! I really hope that things go well.. It is unclear whether they have stopped the infection, given that they're still administering antibiotics. A culture should be done soon, as for the amputation, they are hinting at it because dad has severe rheumatoid arthritis, and he also has diabetes, which are two predisposing conditions for infection, and he is quite frail. It is unclear if he can withstand another replacement that is likely to fail. The bone around his knee is extremely fragmented, and he has also lost 2 of the 3 ligaments in his knee due to the flesh-eating bacteria. There's a long list of odds, and that's why they're suggesting the amp. :(
 
Awe Angie, you are the sweetest of sweet daughters! Anyone would be so lucky as to have you for their daughter! Your dad is a lucky man to have given you life! I'm proud of him and proud of you! :)
 
Very good to hear that you are doing well. :)

And your father has already seen one huge dream come true with a family that obviously reflects the values he holds so precious!

Yes, that is quite the collision of predisposing conditions but your descriptions of him paint a very determined father who will succeed no matter what is put in his path. Such hard and difficult decisions that need to be made first to get him well and on the mend.

Keep the faith!
 
Angie, with the determination he used in raising his family, remind him that he can with the help of God and all the people praying for him, get through this also. My mother was a nurse on the orthopedic/ general surgery unit for a long time. That is how I knew about the hyperbaric chamber! One point she brought up after I had mentioned it though, was the infection. They will not usually attempt any form of hyperbaric tissue healing unless they are 100% sure that the infection is gone. With you talking about your Dad being so frail, and with the flesh eating bacteria, plus the diabetes, an amputation might be the only way to stop it.

Please note I said stop it! Not him! Once he is rid of what is making him so sick, he will feel so much better. That's where those family values that all of you learned kick in! Make sure he becomes a fighter again! His body is so overwhelmed right now, that he is depressed. Been there, done that! I will be praying for your Dad and you Angie! You are a wonderful daughter!
 
Thank you SO much RestAssured , Jacky48 , and 1ELISEA !

I am sorry I've been gone for a while, my recovery took quite a while as my femur was fractured during the surgery and I was in some really horrible post-op pain, as well as depression. But I'm doing my very best at staying strong even despite life's continuous blows. Since the last time we spoke, my father has had a slow recovery, with some improvements and setbacks alike. He has healed somewhat wound-wise, however he has also developed medication induced dementia, (mainly from the strong antibiotics) which has been the real ugly stressor. There have been too many sleepless nights, too many instances of real mental distress that we have had to witness, and I hope to God almighty that this dementia won't be permanent! God only knows how badly I long for a sense of normalcy, and of no more pain and suffering. Thank you so much for your prayers and good wishes, all we can do is hope and pray.
 
[Bonesmart.org] Knee Replacement Infection - Dad's TKR
Angie, that your father is having such a difficult recovery with so many stressing factors related to it. And the helpless feeling when you can do nothing to alleviate what he is going through is hard to cope with and doubly so when you too are recovering from surgery. My thoughts and prayers are with you, your father, and the rest of your family. Please take care of yourself and keep in touch when you can. We care.
[Bonesmart.org] Knee Replacement Infection - Dad's TKR
 
Angie sweetie, stay well my BoneSmartie friend! Post when you can. I wish you and your dad the best! Your are such a good daughter!

I hope you are recovering well from your hip replacement! :console2:

Stay well and stay positive my friend! :friends:
 
....my femur was fractured during the surgery and I was in some really horrible post-op pain, as well as depression. ... my father ..... he has also developed medication induced dementia,

My goodness, that post op pain must have been awful! And the depression is certainly understandable considering all that is going on with your family.

I have seen first hand the medication induced dementia, forgetfulness and balance and other symptoms clear so I hold hope for your dad. Especially in elderly (relatively speaking :) ) where the dose needs to be much stronger than the body can process. Keep focusing on the small improvements because in so many ways they are huge!

Take care of yourself and I hope that you are no longer in such pain from your surgery!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom