Recent content by ConnieJOS

  1. ConnieJOS

    TKR My Life on the Other Side

    Thanks for all your kind messages!
  2. ConnieJOS

    TKR My Life on the Other Side

    Hello everyone! I haven't posted for quite some time, so I wanted to give a quick update. I appreciate your prayers and concern about my husband, Melvin. He had a close call with his vascular problems just before New Years Day, and two doctors said they would have to amputate his leg. A...
  3. ConnieJOS

    TKR My Life on the Other Side

    @gr82cu2 Janet, the really tight band feeling is mostly gone in both of them. They do feel very stiff if I sit too long and I just have to stretch them out. I never use my ice packs any more and don't take any pain meds. But as for PT, I'm probably not doing enough. I do the regular heel slides...
  4. ConnieJOS

    TKR My Life on the Other Side

    @Yorkimom I know that ROM can continue to improve for a long time. I've heard many reports of it. That too is nothing that I did. I had more than 120 the day after surgery with both knees. And my legs are short and stocky. You'd think they wouldn't want to bend at all. I dunno, maybe my surgeon...
  5. ConnieJOS

    TKR My Life on the Other Side

    I shouldn't brag, but oh heck yes I'm bragging. I really can bend my legs! This view is of the right one, the most recent. My legs look hairy in this shot though. What's up with that? They really are not. Must be the lighting. :rotfl:
  6. ConnieJOS

    TKR My Life on the Other Side

    Yep. I just bought a new pair of Skechers for that very reason, @Ollie! My left leg leaned in so much my old shoes are all stretched out on the inside. @Yorkimom I'm so sorry your ROM has been so hard to get. I just got really lucky on that! But it's how I got my Queen of ROM title! Except...
  7. ConnieJOS

    TKR gr82cu2 Hello new knee, it's great to see you!

    Yes, definitely getting better. I know it seems slow, and certainly has been painful, but it's great to see improvement! :thumb:
  8. ConnieJOS

    TKR My Life on the Other Side

    Thanks @gr82cu2 and @SuperSnapper Of course, I had nothing to do with that. Just a great surgeon with a steady hand!
  9. ConnieJOS

    Knee Scars - Post Your Badges of Honor Here! NO CHIT-CHAT please

    Here are my new knees today, Dec. 16. Right one done July 29, Left one Oct 21.
  10. ConnieJOS

    TKR My Life on the Other Side

    It's a little slow at work today, so I walked to the back of my warehouse, then walked up and down every row. I don't know how far that is, and I didn't keep track of my time, but one thing I noticed is that it didn't hurt my joints at all. The main thing was that I felt a burn in the muscles...
  11. ConnieJOS

    TKR My Life on the Other Side

    Here are my two knees today.
  12. ConnieJOS

    TKR Bionic LaxMom

    Hey, there must be something to that! I only have one son as well! ...and TWO knees! :loll:I did wait 28 years between my son and my first knee replacement however. :rofsign:
  13. ConnieJOS

    TKR My Life on the Other Side

    Hi @Minnie's knees ! I hope you are feeling well today! I just noticed the 5 grams of protein in my ramen noodles is only for half the pack. The whole pack is 10 grams. That's a little better!
  14. ConnieJOS

    TKR My Life on the Other Side

    I'm feeling pretty good about my hips and knees today! My future daughter in law graduated from college yesterday. The graduation was in a large arena. I was able to walk from the parking garage, into the arena, and took the stairs to our seats. Then we all went out for lunch, and yesterday...
Back
Top Bottom