Recent content by cold_brew

  1. cold_brew

    Bilateral THR Cold-brew's Big Bilateral THR Adventure

    Where does the time go? 3 year post op checkin with the dr today (scheduled it a bit earlier than the “official” 3 year date in July, due to some upcoming insurance changes). X-rays look good, doc says now I literally never have to come back again, unless some kind of problem develops. So...
  2. cold_brew

    Bilateral THR Cold-brew's Big Bilateral THR Adventure

    Been a while - here’s an update, a few days ahead of my 2 year hipaversary (July 11). I’ve been out on my bike a lot since the last update. All leading up to yesterday and checking a 100 mile bike ride off the bucket list! I kept it slow n steady, kept up with hydration and food, and other...
  3. cold_brew

    THR Tryi!ng to Prepare and Plan

    Bring a slippery trash bag to sit on to make it easier to rotate into place when you sit in the car. I’d say pick a car that’s not so low it’ll be hard(er) to get out of, and not too high to easily just sit down…don’t want to have to climb up a step for sure
  4. cold_brew

    THR Ray's Right THR Recovery

    Every day is a good day to ride! Trail and bike look great out there! Little bike shopping never hurt anything but your wallet
  5. cold_brew

    THR Hessian stops cycling to have some Stryker installed (RTHR)

    Idk if you get get one but I had a GameReady compression/ice system for the first 3 weeks and it was pretty great.
  6. cold_brew

    THR Hessian stops cycling to have some Stryker installed (RTHR)

    Oh wait looks like I missed the last message and you’re all good on the gastrointestinal front. Carry on then :)
  7. cold_brew

    THR Hessian stops cycling to have some Stryker installed (RTHR)

    Good luck with your recovery and we’ll send the poop fairy your way if we see her. Hope you can spend some good recovery hours in the recliner watching Tour de France in a couple weeks! And get back on your own bike soon when the time is right…
  8. cold_brew

    Bilateral THR Bilateral hippies and pulmonary embolism risk

    100% agree with djklaugh’s list. Surgery (and everything else!) has uncertain risks and uncertain benefits and you have to do what’s right for you. My own n=1 datapoint is that I’m so glad it’s just done. The recovery was a journey and it’d have been mentally hard, after finally recovering, to...
  9. cold_brew

    THR Trailrunner's recovery

    Life hack, try lifting up your foot *behind* opposite knee to put on sock, doesn’t require as much hip rotation
  10. cold_brew

    Bilateral THR BILATERAL HIP REPLACEMENT SURGERY

    Raised toilet seat is a good idea. You won’t think “gosh I’m glad I DON’T have one”. The hardest part is probably going to be about day 3 (after the adrenalin and anesthesia wear off) up to the 2-3 week mark. Persist through that rough patch of walkers and bad sleep and swelling and hopefully...
  11. cold_brew

    Bilateral THR BILATERAL HIP REPLACEMENT SURGERY

    Good luck & welcome in advance to the exclusive Club Bilateral! May your recovery be swift and uneventful…
  12. cold_brew

    THR Campervan's recovery

    I didn’t see a big pillow for elevating on the shopping list…! Hopefully you’ve got that sorted out. Good luck!
  13. cold_brew

    Bilateral THR Supersub’s recovery

    100% agree. Went back to my desk job at 6 weeks and it was “fine” but some discomfort from sitting in a chair most of the day, had to take breaks to get up and move around A LOT for first few weeks back. Definitely ask for all the time off you can get! 3 weeks for any kind of standing...
  14. cold_brew

    THR Trailrunner's recovery

    Whoa, this is eerie. Same moment happened to me—at the time I regularly rode my bike to work, and it just kept getting worse until a day I nearly had a mental breakdown when it was time to saddle up and ride home. Also, if you’d timed your surgery a little later, you could have spent the first...
  15. cold_brew

    THR Ray's Right THR Recovery

    Patience and you’ll get there, hopefully. For me I still got an unpleasant achy feeling if I came down hard on a heel for a long time, like 6+ months, but it did (by about a year) eventually go away. So hopefully any pain related to “weight bearing” will slowly fade.
Back
Top Bottom