Guest viewing is limited

Bilateral THR Cold-brew's Big Bilateral THR Adventure

Something I just noticed.

Up until recently I’d always felt a bit of achy discomfort in the hip joint if I ever came down hard with an awkward step or other impact. But somehow in the last month or so that’s reduced a lot. Not that I’m planning to, but I could almost picture a short easy run, the way things are now.

Idk if it’s the exercise or just passage of time, but a year and a half out, things keep evolving. Guess the journey just never stops…
 
Idk if it’s the exercise or just passage of time, but a year and a half out, things keep evolving. Guess the journey just never stops…
I've read on here that people notice improvements up to two years post op and some even beyond. I'm glad you still are seeing/feeling positive changes!
 
Idk if it’s the exercise or just passage of time, but a year and a half out, things keep evolving. Guess the journey just never stops…
It's nice to hear this when as someone closer to the beginning because if things are still a little twingy at a year, there's still the hope they might get better!
 
I definitely kept seeing improvements and less discomfort after a lot of activity well into a years post.op.
What a great update!
Hope your holidays are bright, @cold_brew
:christmas-carols-smiley-emoticon:
 
Belated Xmas present - got me some nice padded shorts. Super fashionable AND a key step towards returning to the ski slopes (carefully, I promise) in a couple weeks.

Happy and healthy 2024 to all!
 

Attachments

  • [Bonesmart.org] Cold-brew's Big Bilateral THR Adventure
    IMG_9865.jpeg
    161.2 KB · Views: 78
Can't be too cautious with those shiny new hips. I hope you enjoy your time on the slopes!
Let us know how it goes and a Happy 2024 to you too!
@cold_brew
 
Victory! Survived a day with my son on the slopes…had a great time, felt 100%. What a great day. Can’t believe it … but I guess all the hard work and support from my trainer and PT and doctor and family and friends paid off. Teamwork!
 

Attachments

  • [Bonesmart.org] Cold-brew's Big Bilateral THR Adventure
    IMG_2683.jpeg
    230.7 KB · Views: 62
Aren't new hips just Grand....:snow::happydance::snow:

Wonderful to see you doing well!
 
Yesterday was the big day that I’ve had circled on the calendar for months—big local bike ride event up in Sonoma county in CA. Despite some headwinds (literally) and freakish weather (rain the night before, wet roads, and sub 40degF temps), my friend and I finished a 100km ride with a few hundred of our closest friends!

Tired and sore but happy, with much appreciation to the cast of dozens who’s been with me over the last year and 3/4 since the surgery, from friends and family to trainers to the sage advice of BoneSmart folks!
 

Attachments

  • [Bonesmart.org] Cold-brew's Big Bilateral THR Adventure
    IMG_9731.jpeg
    204.3 KB · Views: 52
  • [Bonesmart.org] Cold-brew's Big Bilateral THR Adventure
    IMG_0061.jpeg
    80.8 KB · Views: 63
Wow, a 100km bike ride! Thanks for sharing this, @cold_brew. I know it will give hope to our members who are still in the early days of recovery.

Come back and share your next adventure!
 
Awesome, cold_brew! Thanks for sharing the inspirational update, pics and your journey with us. Also for all of the support you offer others. May this week be a good one!
@cold_brew
 
Congratulations! That’s impressive. I would love to be able to get back to cycling after my op, although my level is more of an occasional short sunny day pedal along the promenade at the beach. Great inspiration ahead of my bilateral op tomorrow :) Thank you @cold_brew
 
Congratulations! That’s impressive. I would love to be able to get back to cycling after my op, although my level is more of an occasional short sunny day pedal along the promenade at the beach. Great inspiration ahead of my bilateral op tomorrow :) Thank you @cold_brew
Get out there and do it, in due time. Best wishes for your recovery @Supersub!
 
What a ride....figuratively and literally:) :-) (:
Glad to see you back to healthy and happy.... @cold_brew
I'm still a Grateful Double Hippy:chuckmarch:
 
Been a while - here’s an update, a few days ahead of my 2 year hipaversary (July 11).

I’ve been out on my bike a lot since the last update. All leading up to yesterday and checking a 100 mile bike ride off the bucket list! I kept it slow n steady, kept up with hydration and food, and other than a few cramps the last 5 miles I felt pretty good. I think the hips feel better than all the other parts!

So, shouts out to all the recovering cyclists and I hope you all get back out on the road soon too. Roll on!
 

Attachments

  • [Bonesmart.org] Cold-brew's Big Bilateral THR Adventure
    IMG_0291.jpeg
    83.7 KB · Views: 35
  • [Bonesmart.org] Cold-brew's Big Bilateral THR Adventure
    IMG_0292.jpeg
    218 KB · Views: 35
Waving down 101 to you! Glad your ride was scheduled for before our Big Heatwave!!!!
 
Where does the time go?

3 year post op checkin with the dr today (scheduled it a bit earlier than the “official” 3 year date in July, due to some upcoming insurance changes).

X-rays look good, doc says now I literally never have to come back again, unless some kind of problem develops.

So that’s it then!

Been riding the bike a ton - 2000 mi last year and 1000 so far this year.

Keeping up the strength training 2x / week …gonna be doing that forever I guess; helps a lot.

Health and speedy recoveries to everyone out there going through the journey!

Life is good - Cheers to all….!
 
Bravo!!!! Wonderful to hear from you and know you are back to enjoying life again. Thanks for taking time to come back and report to everyone.
 

Staff online

  • Jockette
    Staff member since March 18, 2018
  • djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020

Members online

Back
Top Bottom