Recent content by ckred

  1. C

    THR Heal first, then exercise, then dance!

    Hi. I have been enjoying your posts but just wondering. I was a Rock and roll jive for years until a tear ago. I am 3 months out of right the and physio told me Las week I would never be able to swivel or twist around on ball of foot re possible dislocation. I am hoping that is not true. Has...
  2. C

    THR Replacement on 22nd May<

    Hi. Mostly pain is when I first stand and first few steps in z R2B area on both legs back of both knees. Some occasional discomfort in TLtf andRR1B and coccyx. I am walking but not excessively. No more than half hour a day and pottering around the home. OT appointment once a week and involves...
  3. C

    THR Replacement on 22nd May<

    Hi. Things are getting better but although I can almost walk without support and only slight limp when I first stand up, I have to wait before I can move. Feels like the blood has to move around the legs. I still take a stick with me in case of uneven ground or in the dark. I also have bad...
  4. C

    THR Replacement on 22nd May<

    thanks for your support, i think my problems have been as much emotional as physical. Maybe grieving for lost body part, had some terrible dreams featuring disembodied hips! - feel mentally so much better now, and have some confidence to trust my new hip.
  5. C

    THR Replacement on 22nd May<

    Hi Josephine, sorry, thought you were telling me off! I am in much less pain now. Can nearly walk without aid but with a slight limp which gets less the more I walk. When I stand up I have to stand still for a while before I can get going. I drove yesterday. Still can't stand from chair...
  6. C

    THR Heal first, then exercise, then dance!

    Hi. Glad all went well. Hope you have a great recovery. I too was looking forward to get back on the dance floor. 40's / 50's jive. Until last year was teaching. 3 months since op and having problems. Still swollen leg's and foot. Being referred to lymphatic clinic. Still walking with one stick...
  7. C

    THR Hopefully Hippy Recovery

    It sounds like you are doing really well and. Have your home organised well. Have loved reading your stories. My husband said he didn't realise how much of a carer he had to be. Even now 10 weeks on he gas to moisturise my legs, cut my toe nails and put my she's and socks on. I brought some...
  8. C

    THR Replacement on 22nd May<

    Hi, thanks for thinking of me. One step forward two back I think. Stopped most exercise except walking. I am down to one stick since yesterday. Did a fair bit of walking but noticed that my scar went bright red by end of day. Don't know of that is a problem? I can't fully weight bear on...
  9. C

    THR Replacement on 22nd May<

    I only do one exercise session. Only 5 repetitions each of lifting leg out sideways. Bending knee . Stepping backwards. Marching on spot. When sitting do at least 20 a day squeezing bum cheeks.
  10. C

    THR Replacement on 22nd May<

    Hi. Sorry misleading there stepping backwards and bending knee not at the same time. Really sore today as had two longish car rides and on my feet quite a lot last night. Did try a couple of steps without a crutch but felt socket sore said I was sinking into it. I appreciate all the help the...
  11. C

    THR Replacement on 22nd May<

    Hi. Thank you. 1. Anterior 2. Pain right now is 3. Get stabbing in the scar area and continuous soreness in groin and coccyx. 3. Paracetamol 2td 500 mg 4/5. Icing and elevating around 3 times a day for about 30 mins 6. Activity Basic cooking. Pottering around home empty washing machine for...
  12. C

    THR Replacement on 22nd May<

    Yes of course, @Josephine thanks
  13. C

    THR Replacement on 22nd May<

    Thanks for the reply. Sorry I am miserable. Work going on at me to see when I will be back. Neighbors telling me I should be back to normal by now and it all got on top of me. My husband has asperges - autism and can't cope with being the carer very easily. Lots of arguments going on. Sorry...
  14. C

    THR Replacement on 22nd May<

    Hi. I only have paracetamol 3 times a day. Asked go or more diazepam she wasn't keen but I have a few and take one in morning and night time. I had liquid morphine when came out of hospital that all gone now. Can't have ibuprofen type drugs as have hypertension. Thank you.
  15. C

    THR Replacement on 22nd May<

    Sorry just realised I said u was a nice teacher. Should have written jive dance teacher. Hope that makes more sense!
Back
Top Bottom