Recent content by Cillacat

  1. C

    THR Struggling after emergency THR

    I do hope it brings you some relief @BlueSkiesHere. Fingers and toes crossed for you across the world!!!:fingersx:
  2. C

    THR Onward and upward

    Thank you @myglasshalffull. I do wonder why it has taken me 72 years to learn to listen to my body..... and I must admit, I am still not perfect at it! :heehee: Thank you too for your good wishes @Deni444. I was dreading my second hip replacement and it's fabulous to already be at this point...
  3. C

    THR Struggling after emergency THR

    Hello @BlueSkiesHere, how good you have the support of the wonderful people on this forum to turn to. I am so sorry to hear of your experience and can only echo the advice from @Jamie and @Layla. I can just imagine how scary this must be for you and to happen over the Easter holidays is just an...
  4. C

    THR Onward and upward

    Thank you so much @Leedogmom2! I am just so pleased to be at this point as it seems no time ago that I was waiting to go into surgery and hoping the recovery wouldn't be too daunting, I was so afraid after my experience of the first hip last year. Here's to the next 6 months of onward and upward...
  5. C

    THR Made it to the Other Side!

    Great to hear about your three months of achievements @Leedogmom2! Isn't it so comforting that we have now put all this time behind us? I am delighted for you :loveshwr:
  6. C

    THR Onward and upward

    Thank you so much @Layla! I find it hard to believe that I am already 3 months post op. Fortunately things have gone very well for me for this second hip, a very different experience from last time. I am exercising at a fairly low level with a few gentle strengthening PT exercises 3 times a week...
  7. C

    THR Struggling after emergency THR

    That's all good news @BlueSkiesHere! So as @Jamie and @mendogal say, it's almost certainly a muscular issue....and that will definitely heal with time and some gentle coaxing from a good therapist. If the first person you see can't help you, keep looking. I think trigger point therapy or similar...
  8. C

    THR Struggling after emergency THR

    Hi again @BlueSkiesHere I agree with all the recent advice about trying out this practitioner once and seeing how you go.... but only once you have the all clear from your scans. In answer to your question about difficulty walking: YES.... I had a lot of trouble. It was really difficult to walk...
  9. C

    THR Onward and upward

    Thank you all for your comments @mendogal, @Jamie, @Morgan Le Fay... feeling like I may be in for the monthly award from the ODIC for most frequent visits! :heehee:
  10. C

    THR Struggling after emergency THR

    It's such a good idea to get the scanning done before anything else just to rule out other issues, @BlueSkiesHere. I hope you can get some decent recommendations for some sort of manual therapies that are affordable. I was lucky that here in Australia I have medical insurance that covers almost...
  11. C

    THR Onward and upward

    Yes thank you @BlueSkiesHere it is great to have the knee functioning so well now! Your comment about PTs with a gentle approach being a rarity in the States made me smile though..... they are very few and far between here in Australia too and actually, this PT I'm going to is Dutch and he...
  12. C

    THR Struggling after emergency THR

    I feel for you @BlueSkiesHere It's a very rough road you are on at the moment. Like @mendogal I think hands on therapy could be helpful. As you know from my previous posts, I had a a lot of groin pain after my RTHR last year which took many months to resolve and was incredibly debilitating. The...
  13. C

    THR Onward and upward

    Thank you @mendogal and @myglasshalffull for your words of encouragement. Good to know I am on track! Your advice @mendogal re having the next day off is very helpful.... I must say, at this stage, it doesn't take much to over do things. Today I went for a short walk with a friend and we ended...
  14. C

    THR Onward and upward

    I was wondering how long people tend to use mobility aids after hip replacement? As I mentioned in my post above, I am not using the walking cane in the house now unless I am tired or during the night but I still take it on my walks. I am not using it the whole time when out walking though, but...
  15. C

    THR THR 6 Feb 2025 Gladtobediff UK

    Hi @Gladtobediff, good to hear your story and amazing to hear of your progress! Wow.... you are doing far more than I am at 6 weeks. Re the SheWee, I have used them in the past as I worked in Antarctica for several summers and believe me, when out on the plateau with a field party on the ice...
Back
Top Bottom