Recent content by ChrissiG

  1. ChrissiG

    TKR Struggling<

    Of course@Josephine - ask away!
  2. ChrissiG

    TKR Struggling<

    Hi @Josephine Sorry for not answering sooner but we’ve been away for a few days. The pain in my knee is at DLF3 and DLF4 The pain in my hip is VL1F and WL1F The sciatica pain - which isn’t constant - seems to have gone away again at the moment is VL2B WL2B and so on in a line down my leg. Hope...
  3. ChrissiG

    TKR Struggling<

    Thanks everyone for your replies :) It really helps to know other people are going through the same thing. I don’t see my surgeon til my 12 month check up now Jockette. I saw his PA at 6 weeks and 12 weeks and she said I was doing ok. We don’t have as many follow ups or PT here as you seem to...
  4. ChrissiG

    TKR Struggling<

    Me again! It was 5 months yesterday since my tkr so thought I’d check in and update my recovery. I guess I’m slowly improving but it is slow! My knee is quite comfortable when I’m sitting and I sleep ok now. My main problems are when walking or bending the knee. It hurts! I have pain in both...
  5. ChrissiG

    TKR 4 Months Post op - Still Walking Very Slowly

    @Coach Pete I think you’re expecting too much of yourself. By my reckoning you’re only 3.5 months out and that’s still very much early days. My op was on April 26th and I’m still having pain and stiffness and also problems walking down steep slopes. I think we all want to get better yesterday-...
  6. ChrissiG

    TKR Walking and balance 8 weeks post op

    Hi @Gigisknee I had my ltkr on 26th April so I’m 1 week ahead of you. I also still have some pain and a lot of stiffness in my knee. The swelling has gone down a lot - my knee is only 1/2” bigger than my right now. I feel discouraged some days that I’m not improving quickly enough but then I...
  7. ChrissiG

    TKR My Newly Bionic Life

    Hi @CaliCat Just been reading your thread. I’m nearly 4 months post op now and I had the same problem with leg length differences as you. I was sent to the orthotics dept (after my physio measured my legs) and they remeasured and said the difference was 1.2cms I took one of my shoes in and they...
  8. ChrissiG

    TKR Going through awful pain med withdrawal....

    I also have terrible withdrawals from any opiates Ellie. I was on dihydrocodeine for 2 weeks after my tkr (April 26th) cut down over a couple of days and then stopped - thinking I would be ok. I was terrible - felt like I was dying. Hot and then cold, diarrhoea (sorry tmi) sickness, trouble...
  9. ChrissiG

    TKR Struggling<

    Oh god no I don’t want any more surgery @Josephine!! I’ve already probably got carpal tunnel surgery in my future I don’t want anything else! Hopefully it’s just physio. I am resting the shoulder now so that it can heal. Yes - please ask your massage lady if she’d come over here. Although I’m...
  10. ChrissiG

    TKR Marguette’s Full Recovery

    I’ve just looked and they’re £360!!
  11. ChrissiG

    TKR Marguette’s Full Recovery

    You can buy an inflatable cushion thing that you sit on and then gently let the air out until you’re in the tub. Then you press a button and it inflates again so you can get out. I should think they have them on Amazon? Won’t be cheap but if you love a soak probably worth it!:bath:
  12. ChrissiG

    TKR Struggling<

    Thanks @Jockette and @SusieShoes. I just feel like such a slug at the moment! I wish I could nap - lifelong insomniac here! It’s always 2 am before I manage to nod off. I do rest (nearly all the time!) but sleep eludes me. Still it’s comforting to know that energy finally returns - just hope...
  13. ChrissiG

    PKR My Drama Queen Patellofemoral Knee

    Oh don’t you just hate it when you get well meaning advice that really boils down to - you aren’t working hard enough or oh I thought you’d be better by now! Grrrr! I still use one crutch outside if Im walking any distance (at 13 weeks) and I’ve had people saying - why can’t you walk properly...
  14. ChrissiG

    TKR Struggling<

    Oh - I forgot to say - I went to the ER on Monday when I got back from my weekend away and they xrayed my shoulder. The doctor said I’d put it back in properly but all my ligaments have been stretched which is why it starts to dislocate again when I move my arm a certain way. So she gave me a...
  15. ChrissiG

    TKR Struggling<

    13 weeks yesterday. :loveshwr:My granddaughter Emily has come over from Denmark to visit us for a week. It’s lovely to see her but I think I’m doing a bit too much - not having much chance to elevate and ice. She’s gone out this afternoon with my niece though so I’m taking the chance to put my...
Back
Top Bottom