Recent content by chisels1

  1. chisels1

    THR new hip newbie!

    aligirl8, that's good you are staying fit. I found walking really helped and I still notice some soreness on my LTHR and a very slight soreness on my RTHR but it is lessening with each passing week. I will be seeing my surgeon this Thursday for my 3 month post-op review and probably my last...
  2. chisels1

    THR Second new shiny new hip in and working good.

    Oh, I almost forgot. Had our trip to Maine, I walked everywhere, went on board my son's ship, then went to Mt. Battie and hiked around there but I didn't climb the tower. Then went to the Rockland breakwater light I walked a quarter of the way. Its a 2 mile round trip breakwater out to the light...
  3. chisels1

    THR Second new shiny new hip in and working good.

    Well hippies with labor day coming up and the summer winding down, how much evidence of your hip issues remain? How long before you don't have any pain, or do you always have like a dull, weak soreness from time to time. I notice that with each week I can move a bit more freely without a...
  4. chisels1

    THR Second new shiny new hip in and working good.

    BeckyR, Sandybeach, Littlejem, anniemg, On August 10th Me and the Mrs. head for Rockland, Maine. for a long weekend. My Son Tim is in the Coast Guard and is stationed there on the USCGC Abbie Burgess. His brothers are also planning to be there and we have booked 3 rooms at a local Hotel that...
  5. chisels1

    THR Second new shiny new hip in and working good.

    Littlejem, well I guess its nice to know I have a handsome, fun loving twin somewhere else in the world. Having a boss who gives you flex time is a good thing mentally, it actually helps with healing. Its all about attitude and work can have a huge effect. Going back slowly is best, today I...
  6. chisels1

    THR Second new shiny new hip in and working good.

    This starts week 6 post LTHR and I'm probably a week so far behind what my RTHR was in terms of feeling, being tired and getting back to work. Some times I'm so tired and I can't get motivated to do even the smallest things. I did some yard work the other day. I had all kinds of energy then it...
  7. chisels1

    LTHR while recovering from RTHR

    O.K. here is one for you. I plan on heading to Maine in a few weeks, we are staying at a place with a pool and jacuzzi. I plan on using that Jacuzzi, now has anyone noticed a warming sensation from the implant after being out of the Jacuzzi, or in cold weather has anyone noticed a colder...
  8. chisels1

    LTHR while recovering from RTHR

    The left hip is a bit sore today put in extra PT and did a little weed trimming just close to house. Then later went upstairs to my shop and I haven't taken any pain meds other then Tylenol. The weather really stinks the last few weeks. I expect that when I'm going to be out for 4 to 6 weeks in...
  9. chisels1

    THR Second new shiny new hip in and working good.

    I can't believe how tired I get. I stay up late past midnight. I don't sleep long maybe 5 hours then I'm up. I feel great ready to do something. Taking a shower knocks you out, taking a short walk, I do some engraving maybe 2 hours in my shop, then have lunch or supper and I dose off from 20...
  10. chisels1

    THR Second new shiny new hip in and working good.

    O.K. all you hippies, I have been getting charlie horses in the hamstring area from my butt to almost the back of my knee. I have been doing my PT twice daily and walking my driveway a couple times a day. This is not anything like my right hip healed but overall the hip and feeling is stronger.
  11. chisels1

    THR Second new shiny new hip in and working good.

    Poppet, you make me feel pretty good. You are right I have been comparing between the two. My first was virtually pain free. I didn't even take a Dilaudid past week 2 of recovery. The knee hurts not all the time but later in the day. I ice it and use tylenol, because I'm scared of narcotics, yet...
  12. chisels1

    THR Second new shiny new hip in and working good.

    Recovery update, the knee of my left leg and newest hip hurts at times and I have iced it and take one 2mg Dilaudid. I don't recall that with my right hip. I also have seen my blood pressure slightly low and I've been somewhat depressed lately. We have AC in the house and because its been damp...
  13. chisels1

    LTHR while recovering from RTHR

    Zauberflote, The holiday season is tough. I have four sons, the youngest is 20 and my wife bakes up a storm primarily for them. She also runs a tight ship and keeps her eye on me. With the hip there are some things I'm not supposed to do and she makes sure I don't break any rules. She just went...
  14. chisels1

    LTHR while recovering from RTHR

    Moderation and Portion Control. No fads, no shakes, no weight watchers. I cut back my portions, eliminated sweets, most of the time. No Salt, plenty of water and lots of fruit and veggies, that's it. I rewarded myself once in awhile. As I lost weight I gained power to continue and this was...
  15. chisels1

    LTHR while recovering from RTHR

    Poppet, I came home Wednesday from the Breakers and have had to settle on Sandals. I'm home and on my way to mobility. I have to remember to take it easy though and not take risks. I had a small setback getting into car and again yesterday going upstairs to find something. Coming down the...
Back
Top Bottom