Recent content by cherterr

  1. cherterr

    Ankle So EXCITED!!

    Four years ago I had TKR and loved the forum here. Eight weeks ago I broke my ankle and also cane back here, looked around Bone Smart, I but didn’t see the ankle forum portion until Today!!:loveshwr: Soooo happy! I’m currently beginning week 8 (2nd with partial weight in boot). Trimalleolar...
  2. cherterr

    TKR Mom2Lucy's Recovery Thread

    If it's any help or consolation yesterday was three months for me and the first time I lived without a pain pill. Only in the last 3 or 4 days have I started to feel somewhat normal. I'm leaving the cane home more and more when I go out and about for a day of shopping doesn't slammed me into the...
  3. cherterr

    TKR (Sequential) 12 months already

    Wait..you're WALKING??!!! ;) Jk..I'm still amazed at your progress!
  4. cherterr

    TKR Cherterr's Recovery Thread'

    @Josephine: It's not your expertise I doubt at all! I just felt like we were not on the same page.. And truthfully I was just tired of talking about it. @Celle: Thank you for understanding.
  5. cherterr

    TKR Cherterr's Recovery Thread'

    Ask away...and thank you.
  6. cherterr

    TKR My Story<

    Be glad you did not waste time..wasting away!!! I pretty much lost 10 years because I was a sissy..(but I like to think I ended up with better 'equipment' improvements due to time.) Best wishes for a great recovery!
  7. cherterr

    TKR (Sequential) 12 months already

    I stumbled across your thread and I have to say you really got a pair :snork:(and I'm not talking about your knees) to be able to have both knees replaced in two weeks - Dear God you're my new hero!! :wow:
  8. cherterr

    TKR Cherterr's Recovery Thread'

    Honestly; except for the swelling and seemingly Usual knee discomfort.. My pain is actually arthritic and perhaps my fibromyalgia is back? My knee is definately not the worst of the pain. IT seems to be slowly improving (if I dont count swelling). It may sound crazy..but... I wonder if all...
  9. cherterr

    Bilateral THR Made it!!

    After hobbeling for 10 tears prior to tkr I am finding to walk in proper form takes a LOT of concentration... You just have to be mindful with every step. (Even if it IS slow.like me!:umm:)
  10. cherterr

    TKR Cherterr's Recovery Thread'

    Why does my knee seem stuck at 90 degrees? I just seem to be doing worse and not getting any better the ladt 3 weeks. When I wake in the night and get up I have to hobble in horrible pain and I'm tempted to get the Walker back. It's been 12 weeks what's going on? I'm just starting to feel...
  11. cherterr

    Revision TKR Rehab after TKR

    65.. Arthritic.. Went to my prepared home. (Raised toilet seat.. Etc. Articles online at hospitals). Get frozen dinners and paper plates and cups!! TWO weeks worth. (I only got one and a friend had to shop for me) Mine was Left knee so I could drive a little after that. I heard a couple...
  12. cherterr

    TKR Cherterr's Recovery Thread'

    Well.. today was the big appointment with OS. I thought they were acting a little odd and more attentive - slightly; and then as I was leaving the guy at the front desk ask me how the appointment was. Without thinking I said 'well it was fast but not bad' and then he started to talk about the...
  13. cherterr

    TKR Cherterr's Recovery Thread'

    @Jockette: Thanks! Actually my surgeon has been ok regarding ROM - neither one of us measures. lol I'm going by how it feels..and I can tell it IS less than before. HOWEVER... I refuse to believe it's due to ditching PT. :bow:
  14. cherterr

    TKR Cherterr's Recovery Thread'

    @Celle : thanks for the article..I liked the practical ROM #s relating to 'activites'... It would appear I'm at least not an MUA candidate!!!:):)
  15. cherterr

    TKR Cherterr's Recovery Thread'

    Thanks for all your comments. Very helpful as well as reading your threads. I guess we're all together in our own little world!! :):) So... 10 weeks today with Dr. Appt. Tomorrow. I am starting to be concerned that my ROM is not real great (seemingly due to super tight skin on top, and general...
Back
Top Bottom