TKR Cherterr's Recovery Thread'

@Jockette: Thanks! Actually my surgeon has been ok regarding ROM - neither one of us measures. lol

I'm going by how it feels..and I can tell it IS less than before. HOWEVER... I refuse to believe it's due to ditching PT. :bow:

ROM can vary, and this recovery is a rollercoaster, not a straight line. Don’t worry.

That’s so nice your surgeon doesn’t measure. Mine pushed my knee to a painful place to a number he liked. And if it wasn’t quite good enough, he’d do it again. I’m so glad those days are behind me.

Well.. today was the big appointment with OS. I thought they were acting a little odd and more attentive - slightly; and then as I was leaving the guy at the front desk ask me how the appointment was. Without thinking I said 'well it was fast but not bad' and then he started to talk about the survey and if I was happy and what was really happening.
:flabber:
So.. maybe the mothership company keeps an eye on such things. But at the very least at least they actually look at them and someone seems to care what it says so that's good right?

I got my final prescription for my hydrocodone which is fine - I'm sure I can wean off at this point, but for the first time he said I should probably be doing a little more exercise to get some range of motion because I have lost some.:swoon:

Aaannndd.. I went shopping a bit and left my cane IN the car!:happydance:

Last edited:
You’re doing great! :yay:

Yay! Caneless, that's really getting back to normal!

Why does my knee seem stuck at 90 degrees? I just seem to be doing worse and not getting any better the ladt 3 weeks.
When I wake in the night and get up I have to hobble in horrible pain and I'm tempted to get the Walker back. It's been 12 weeks what's going on?

I'm just starting to feel like I'm not ever going to get Beyond this point. I'm just a sick of walking like Frankenstein.
Is there anything I can take for arthritis that doesn't mess with my stomach?

Are you over exercising it? Pain, especially at night, is a sign that you are doing too much during the day. Slow and easy wins this recovery!

Honestly; except for the swelling and seemingly Usual knee discomfort.. My pain is actually arthritic and perhaps my fibromyalgia is back?

My knee is definately not the worst of the pain. IT seems to be slowly improving (if I dont count swelling).

It may sound crazy..but... I wonder if all the drugs put thru me have caused some of this. I was pretty much FINE prior to July as to non knee issues.

I'm just really confused. I hate a mystery and scared to death I'll just be a big handhandicapped ball of pain the rest of my life! :bawl:and surgeon doesn't seem to care if pain isnt about my knee .

I don't 'do' doctors.. And at this point I really don't know where to turn or even what kind of doctor to go to. I just figured the OS would be the main one to rely on throughout this next year, and the recovery from surgery... Arggghhh.

If anyone has suggestions, I'm all ears..and thank you!

(P.s. my stomach issues have seemingly dissapated enoygh that I postponed Tues. Appt.) ??Hoping this other stuff will likewise soon??

Last edited:
I'd really like to offer you some structured advice but in order to do that, I also need to ask you some questions. Are you willing for me to do that?

Ask away...and thank you.

My pain is actually arthritic and perhaps my fibromyalgia is back?
I'm sorry the fibromyalgia has come back. My brother-in-law has that, and I know it's a miserable thing to have.

Do you have arthritis in your other joints? It is gone from your knee, but I know it's possible for other joints to flare up as well. :console2:
I don't 'do' doctors.. And at this point I really don't know where to turn or even what kind of doctor to go to. I just figured the OS would be the main one to rely on throughout this next year, and the recovery from surgery... Arggghhh.

If anyone has suggestions, I'm all ears..and thank you!
Cutting back you PT exercises may help, but you do need to keep your body moving gently.

I don't think your OS will be much help here. He is only going to be interested in the knee he operated on, and fibro isn't his area of expertise.

Do you have a doctor/PCP you see for other health matters? Your first step could be to consult him/her and, if he/she can't help, then maybe ask for a referral to a pain management clinic.
I know that my bro-in-law finds he has to take medication regularly, to keep his fibromyalgia damped down.

Why does my knee seem stuck at 90 degrees? I just seem to be doing worse and not getting any better the ladt 3 weeks. It's been 12 weeks what's going on?
Well I did offer to advise and help you but you decided my advice wouldn't be worth it.
I'm sorry..but.. I fail to see how this device could POSSIBLY be accurate.
Of course it can be accurate but it's a skill that one has to learn and be taught by someone who also knows how to use it! As it happens, lots of experienced people (surgeons and some nurses. physios) can actually eyeball t and be pretty accurate. Another point is that it doesn't HAVE to be pinpoint accurate. It can be within 5 or even 10 degrees and still be useful.

@Josephine: It's not your expertise I doubt at all! I just felt like we were not on the same page.. And truthfully I was just tired of talking about it.

@Celle: Thank you for understanding.

Last edited:

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• mendogal
    Staff member since November 10, 2023
  • djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties