Recent content by charmed-life

  1. charmed-life

    Knee Infection Finally Finishing Up

    I agree, sounds like they are really trying to find a good solution to the pain issue! Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
  2. charmed-life

    Knee Infection Finally Finishing Up

    Good luck tomorrow Josephine! Regarding the article about opioids a couple of posts back, they say OxyContin was new in 1996 and that is when it went on the market here in US at least. Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
  3. charmed-life

    TKR Anemic after TKR ..exhausted

    Feel I should comment for her safety, Celle, that Josephine told her to cut back as she is over the maximum for some of the medications. Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
  4. charmed-life

    TKR Anemic after TKR ..exhausted

    Some people do recover quickly with no issues but each person's recovery is what it is. Just try to help her feel better and progress at her own pace. Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
  5. charmed-life

    TKR Severe spasms: Soma? Valium?>

    Although it is against the usual recommendations, I was told after my first surgery on my knee and tibia (after injury, not TKR), that the spasms would be better if I did not elevate the leg. I was in the hospital 8 days and this started only after a few days and almost only at night. Lowering...
  6. charmed-life

    TKR My No Opiod Journey

    Medicines that make you drowsy do that to me also - do not put me to sleep until hours later and then I can't stay awake for much of the day Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
  7. charmed-life

    MUA R knee and tightness<

    Wonderful! Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
  8. charmed-life

    Revision TKR Here I go again!<<.

    Jordan6, I didn't have an MUA or lysis after TKR, (narrowly escaped)- only during my TKR after my first surgery when I messed up my knee. But one day I just decided, I'm not giving any more that I must to this. I'm still not my old self - but doing 30 min on exercise bike instead of biking 10-20...
  9. charmed-life

    TKR Barnmom22's recovery thread<

    Never lost my appetite - wish I had! Only weight I lost was muscle and that was replaced with fat which takes up more room. Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
  10. charmed-life

    Revision TKR Here I go again!<<.

    My advice is just start living - 100 to 105 is far better than 90. I'm at the same point and it may be all I get but what I'm doing is trying to do the things I want and enjoy life, always with the hope it will still improve. But at this point if I dwell on it all the time, I feel worse and am...
  11. charmed-life

    TKR Narcotic pain killers 4 weeks out?'

    Sounds like you're doing great, I'd just do what works for you! Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
  12. charmed-life

    TKR Laurie's LPKR continued journey

    It will always say no refills, they have to write a new prescription. Just call and ask, they will probably give you a new one although possibly with instructions to spread them out more but that's much better than suddenly stopping! Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
  13. charmed-life

    TKR In between staged 1 month replacement both knees

    You have an additional issue with pain meds - cutting them out for these couple weeks allow them to work better after the second one. I've had to do that before. Take it easy and you'll get there! Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
  14. charmed-life

    TKR Careful! There Be Dragons Here! <

    Maybe that's what you needed - an accidental manipulation! Hope it feels better and works better after loosening a little tissue! Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
  15. charmed-life

    TKR My new knee journey

    Try to set up a slow progression of activity. You've had to be inactive a long time with illness during that time. You won't just bounce back at once, make sure you slowly increase each day. Being inactive in itself leads to not having energy when it's more than a few days. And even tramadol...
Back
Top Bottom