Recent content by chandler

  1. chandler

    Bilateral TKR 7wks post op

    @KTF, when my therapist was working on the spots giving me trouble, it was uncomfortable, but bearable because of the hopes that it would help. He said that a deep tissue massage by a person familiar with knee replacement would be an excellent option, especially because they could take more...
  2. chandler

    Bilateral TKR 7wks post op

    @KTF, I've been wondering how you are coming along with the problematic right knee? I find I still have that darn "snap" (or "shock" as you describe it). The Drs and therapists can hear it and feel it. My therapists have been doing deep tissue massage on the area where it is happening, and I...
  3. chandler

    Bilateral TKR 7wks post op

    @Jozilla, @KTF, so good to read your experiences. @Roy Gardiner too! I now know that I need to start icing again. I have to admit that I have been lax in it because I have really felt things were progressed far enough that I wasn't having swelling any longer. But obviously, the snapping pain...
  4. chandler

    Bilateral TKR 7wks post op

    @KTF, so glad you are still here! I thought I lost you! lol Actually, I went to see my surgeon today, as that pain "we" have is so hard to deal with. As luck would have it, as soon as he sat down and put his finger on the spot that catches and finally clicks, it did it like clockwork! I...
  5. chandler

    Bilateral TKR 7wks post op

    @KTF, I was so surprised to read the description you gave of the problem you are having in your right knee. It matches me exactly! Describing it as an electrical shock through your body is very accurate - I was having trouble describing it and said it was like a rubber band tightening up, and...
  6. chandler

    Bilateral TKR Suzzee 2000's race to a new life.....

    @BigBend, my pain is mainly on the sides of my knees (both). It is a constant ache, sometimes more mild, and sometimes stronger. But I honestly can't say that I'm ever pain free. I also have something that catches and clicks in my right knee. It is very painful each time it clicks, so it...
  7. chandler

    Bilateral TKR Suzzee 2000's race to a new life.....

    Suzzee, it feels that you and I are almost mirrors in this bilateral experience!! I had my surgery on March 12, so we are within 2 days of each other. I am trying...really trying! to recover well and get on with life. But it has been anything but perfect...I too am still finding I'm in pain...
  8. chandler

    Bilateral TKR Walking towards a new life!

    Good luck to you -- I am 6 weeks out today, and every day is getting better. Just take things slow and easy, and be sure to read everything you can on this site. Best wishes!!
  9. chandler

    Bilateral TKR Chandler's recovery thread

    @Josephine, thanks for fixing the problem - and also for posting my picture and getting me into the Bilateral group. Don't know how you do it -- so many of us are tech-challenged! lol
  10. chandler

    Bilateral TKR Chandler's recovery thread

    @Josephine, it seems my thread has gotten merged in with a bunch of other entries, I believe with vasilly ...probably not a big deal, but I had trouble finding my original entry. Your hard work on this site is so greatly appreciated! I "devoured" all the articles you so kindly provide for us...
  11. chandler

    Bilateral TKR Chandler's recovery thread

    Yeah, I guess in my heart, I know the correct answer. I just so wish healing were quicker. My brother had his left knee replaced several months ago and traveled at 7 weeks with no issues. But I know having both knees done presents much more of a challenge. It would be very difficult to have...
  12. chandler

    Bilateral TKR Chandler's recovery thread

    My surgery apparently went OK - 3 nights in hospital, and then 10 nights in rehab center. Came home to great care from husband and other family members. I am going to OP therapy twice a week, and they seem pleased with progress. Last measurements were 115 on right knee and 110 on left, but not...
  13. chandler

    TKR Almost 8 months later...the aftermath

    @Karringtyn, I have been a lurker on Bonesmart almost since the day I joined. I was on the site every day and devoured everyone's stories and experiences. My bi-lateral knee replacement was 3/12/14, and it has not been the picture-perfect experience I was hoping for. The 1st 4+ weeks were...
  14. chandler

    Bilateral TKRs scheduled for March 12, 2014

    Thanks for your good wishes! Yes, tonight I am having a bit of apprehension. We leave the house at 4:30 a.m. for arrival at the hospital at 5:45. Surgery is scheduled for 7:30 a.m., so by this time tomorrow, I will be on the other side. I'll keep in touch~~ Again, thank you!
  15. chandler

    Bilateral TKR Suzzee 2000's race to a new life.....

    so glad to hear you made it through the first day!! I have just another sleep after tonight, and then to my hospital at 5:45 a.m. on Wednesday. First surgery of the day, so hopefully my Doc will be well-rested and ready to do a great job! :o) I'm going to be following your entries and...
Back
Top Bottom