Recent content by CdnCarol

  1. CdnCarol

    TKR Katchmo's Knees: Round Two!

    Were you able to go on your big trip? How did your knee handle it? You sound so much better than a few pages ago.
  2. CdnCarol

    TKR Motorcycle riding????

    My right TKR was Jan 8 and I’ve been back on my bike (a Triumph Tiger) for a few weeks now. My knee is bent at 90 degrees or a bit more (now I miss my cruiser with forward controls!) and I find I ache, then the ache goes away then comes back. I try to get off for a little walk every hour. In 4...
  3. CdnCarol

    MUA Oct 2017 TKR - Hematoma - MUA - Finally past 90!<

    I had my TKR a month before your latest MUA (and you should probably use that as the date to measure your recovery as it was so traumatic, not your TKR date) and my knee is still hot. Not all the time anymore, but after any activity or having my leg hang down while seated. I saw my OS at 2...
  4. CdnCarol

    Bilateral TKR Stiffness

    Wow- that sounds like a lot of exercises. Personally I cut my PT down to once/week as it took me 2 days to recover from each session. I’m curious as to why the bike seat is being lowered if you can’t do a full rotation? My OS said to lower it only after rotations are easy and without...
  5. CdnCarol

    TKR Carol’s “Average” Recovery

    I like that! Off the bike I look like a bulky robot. My riding pants have padded hips (and we all look great with extra padding) and funny-looking armour in the knees, which is also found in the shoulders and elbows of my jacket. Safety first.
  6. CdnCarol

    TKR Carol’s “Average” Recovery

    Today was a good day in my recovery. I got on my bike and rode for an hour. Knee bent fine but did complain a little about just hanging out in one position. I LOVE to ride and haven’t been on the bike since the fall. 2 months from now I leave for an 18 day trip with 2 other women from Ohio to...
  7. CdnCarol

    TKR Annaf's recovery thread<

    Anna, I feel your frustration. I’m about 3 weeks after you and still swollen enough that I can’t go downstairs foot over foot, and the stiffness and swelling increases during the day so that the exercise bike is more uncomfortable at night. According to my OS, some people are just “swellers”...
  8. CdnCarol

    PKR My Drama Queen Patellofemoral Knee

    I don’t know if I missed this in earlier pages of your thread, but have you tried a loose skirt as an alternative to capris? You could also make your leg sticky with lotion and put some cling wrap on it, if the skirt still irritated. I can bicycle in a loose skirt, so I expect you could bowl in...
  9. CdnCarol

    TKR It's The HoneyB's Knees

    My knee threw off a lot of heat. Within minutes of icing my knee was hot whereas the rest of my leg that had been iced was still cold. The heat seemed to dissipate for the most part at 13 weeks. I saw my OS at 8 weeks or confirm the heat wasn’t anything to be alarmed about, and as I had no...
  10. CdnCarol

    TKR Carol’s “Average” Recovery

    Today is my 3 month surgery anniversary, and I'm writing this post so I remember where I was, and what I went through, in case I have to do this again, although thankfully, my left knee is fine (for now). Surgery Day 1: had a nerve block in the leg, and an epidural, catheter in only during...
  11. CdnCarol

    Bilateral TKR SusieShoes' New Knees

    Sorry- I wasn’t actually asking about kidney Stoney and mattress toppers. I was imagining Mr. Shoes’ chagrin if I proceeded to pester him with questions about his/your personal life relating to nuggets you have shared with us. I’m not really that forward!
  12. CdnCarol

    Bilateral TKR SusieShoes' New Knees

    Took me 8 days- 10 pages per day. Highly entertaining and also helpful. I was thinking that I’d love to meet up next time you are in Chagrin Falls with darling GS but then I realize how creepy that would be, especially for Mr. Shoes, as we, your faithful readers know so much about you, Mr...
  13. CdnCarol

    MUA Oct 2017 TKR - Hematoma - MUA - Finally past 90!<

    I’ve read a lot of threads that describe some pretty dramatic problems, then you skip ahead 8 pages and 6 months and it is like a different person is posting. This will be you, too, I am certain.
  14. CdnCarol

    TKR Carol’s “Average” Recovery

    Thanks for chiming in @Celle, @sistersinhim and @SusieShoes. I would like my swelling to decrease more and faster (wouldn’t we all?) and just wanted to make sure I wasn’t hindering it by sitting while elevating. Currently I am reclining on the couch with the Lounge Dr, an ice pack and my toes...
  15. CdnCarol

    TKR Carol’s “Average” Recovery

    Elevation Question- I’m 11 weeks out and still swollen so I’m still icing and elevating. I keep reading “toes above nose”. Is this really optimal? I elevate toes above hip, but I often have my head propped up on a couple of pillows, or I’m reclining with bottom down and head and toes both up...
Back
Top Bottom