Recent content by Catmomma

  1. Catmomma

    THR Progress not Perfection

    Hello all, I had my right anterior hip replaced on November 1, 2023. One year ago exactly. I am active- feeding feral cats which involves crawling under bushes and climbing over brush and rocks. Also I trap and return. I am not doing a structured exercise program nor was I walking on a daily...
  2. Catmomma

    Hippies scars - post your badges of honor here: NO CHIT-CHAT HERE PLEASE

    I always scar pretty ugly- this is anterior hip scar at 6 months.
  3. Catmomma

    THR Kritterkiddo's L THR recovery

    Hi KritterKiddo- so sorry to hear about your accident! Glad the hip is carrying you through! Get well soon - we had our surgery around the same time and you were always helpful to me!
  4. Catmomma

    THR Progress not Perfection

    I am 17 weeks post-op now from my anterior replacement on Nov 1 and I really tweaked my hip while trying to cut my toenails on that foot! I think I bowed the leg out and brought the foot across the midline. It must be muscle pain but it really hurts and I am not sure I can do my PT appointment...
  5. Catmomma

    THR 1 year after THR having thigh pain.

    @KittensMom I have read your entire thread because I was intrigued by the recovery of such a young person. I am starting my tenth week post op and am progressing much more slowly. I am hopeful for you that all goes well and you will be back to your activities soon! Don’t forget to ice even...
  6. Catmomma

    THR Progress not Perfection

    Thank you!! New question- is it normal for your operative hip and thigh to “seize up” when you stand up and then you have to stand there a minute before walking away?
  7. Catmomma

    THR Chocolatine's New Hip

    Hi Chocolatine-I am sorry to hear about your gall bladder. You definitely need to get that taken care of first. I had to postpone my hip surgery for 3 1/2 months for a large ovarian cyst that was possibly cancerous (it wasn’t thank heavens). It was upsetting but I am glad I waited.
  8. Catmomma

    THR Progress not Perfection

    Thank you, Jaycey! I get hard on myself when the fact is I had two major surgeries in 6 months time. I’m a bit entitled to be a little slower! In July I had a total hysterectomy. Oophorectomy, salpingectomy and removal of enormous ovarian cyst. This pushed back my total hip replacement till...
  9. Catmomma

    THR Things Nobody Told Me Before Surgery That I Wish I Had Known

    Thank you, Hip4Life - this is just what I needed to see at 3 AM tonight- I mean this morning!
  10. Catmomma

    THR Progress not Perfection

    Latest development-medical issues! Yikes! The day after my doctors said I was “released from my restrictions” I overdid and had two episodes of Rapid Pulse rate in the 130 range, at bedtime two nights in a row. I now have a Zio Monitor (ex-Holter Monitor) plastered to my chest, and a stern...
  11. Catmomma

    THR Progress not Perfection

    Thank you so much for your helpful words- it does seem at times that I am taking 1 step forward then 5 back! I began having a rapid pulse and elevated blood pressure. The doctor is doing some tests on me but told me I need to cut my activity in half!!! I spent most of the day testing but will...
  12. Catmomma

    THR Progress not Perfection

    Jockette, can you please change my title to Progress not Perfection?
  13. Catmomma

    THR Progress not Perfection

    Thank you for your encouragement and I am sorry I posted in the wrong place.
  14. Catmomma

    THR Progress not Perfection

    Starting week 8 and so I am using my cane less and did my daily 1/3 mile walk with walking sticks today. I’m bending more. The doctor said I was released from the restrictions but of course in moderation. My hip hurts almost all the time and I am still icing.
  15. Catmomma

    THR Shoes & Sox

    I like the sock putter on-er device I bought as part of a “hip kit” on Amazon. It also came with a bath sponge on a handle, a leg lifter and a long handled shoe horn. Plus a stick with weird hooks on it that seem to help me straighten out clothes- not to mention the invaluable long grasping...
Back
Top Bottom