Recent content by Carolinagirl54

  1. C

    THR Carolinagirl's Back For Hip #2

    So sorry..this surgery was December 18, 2024 for my left hip.
  2. C

    THR Carolinagirl's Back For Hip #2

    Hey guys! Was here in 2020 and back again! I've done much better with this hip than the 1st for sure! The only thing. I am still on a walker at 3 weeks. Full pressure on that thigh still makes me want to hop. Hang in there peeps..it gets better!!
  3. C

    THR Pain Meds

    @Merrytaylor felt JUST like you a couple of months ago. Without this group I'd have been lost! It was all good stories I heard too, how EASY it would be, right back to everything..what a joke! It will take time and seem slow, but you'll get there. My hubby took care of me a solid 2 weeks...
  4. C

    Hip Infection* This is NOT what I thought!

    Hello all, just checking in. Just as you all said, one day you wake up and you're better! Virtually NO pain in operated hip now, however, the other hip is almost as bad now. We knew both would probably have to be done as both were bone on bone, and I did the worst one first. I don't intend...
  5. C

    Hip Infection* This is NOT what I thought!

    Thank you, @Layla..I switched it to next week. Did not feel well today.
  6. C

    Hip Infection* This is NOT what I thought!

    Thanks to all, as always! I finally went up a bit on my antidepressant and it's helped some. My days and nights are mixed up. I've been on 2 REALLY strong antibiotics and I think one is causing insomnia..then I don't feel like doing anything in the day. My new hip is better, but as stated...
  7. C

    THR The nightmare began July 10 2020

    @Lamby121 This has been my experience ALSO with my surgeon, but, you know your body! I had my husband drive me an hour on a Sunday evening back to the ER of the hospital where I had surgery and waited 6 hours BUT they did ALL the tests and, like you, there were pockets of fluid..being at the...
  8. C

    Hip Infection* This is NOT what I thought!

    Hey guys, it's been awhile. I think I now am in the post surgery funk. Return to PA for bloodwork showed blood count was back to normal, but sed rate still high. Still on Doxycycline for the MRSA removed in 2nd surgery, UTI treated, cleared, now a pesky ear/sinus infection that I can't get...
  9. C

    Depression/post-op blues - open for all

    I think I'm going thru it now. I'm at about 9.5 weeks and recovery has been slow, partially due to infection and 2nd surgery, plus a UTI and ear infection. Appears since immunity is low everything has popped out! Hubby is now back to work long hours, and due to Covid and my lower immune...
  10. C

    THR Home. (Ouchie)

    Please don't overdo.
  11. C

    THR I’m so overwhelmed HELP

    @Nchiodo, yes those pains are normal. I had all those bad days, then felt better today..agree with Elf1 it's one step forward; two back. A person with little patience as myself has a hard time with this process.
  12. C

    THR LTHR done on 19th Oct

    ShellyHipster, I'd check in with my Dr. About the headaches. This early you may need pain medicine, so see if he can change it. I had a wicked UTI and just finished a sound of antibiotics..feel SO much better. You are doing good for 8 days I think, and that pain you described I had also..it...
  13. C

    THR Tweb's Hip Recovery

    Tweb, I also was under the same motion that the anterior approach would be so much easier and it has created a world of frustration, guilt and impatience in myself as if something is wrong with me. If not for finding this site I don't know what I'd have done.
  14. C

    THR GeeDee's recovery diary

    GeeDee I am right at 8 weeks and mine is getting better.
  15. C

    Hip Infection* This is NOT what I thought!

    Thank you SO much for the encouragement, DesertHorses! I wish I thought my surgeon would order cultures..he is way too nonchalant about this for me!
Back
Top Bottom