Recent content by cannygirl

  1. cannygirl

    THR Now POST-op

    Hello Just back from Guernsey where all this blew up. I’m so disappointed as although I did a lot of walking, latterly it was suddenly too painful and my husband couldn’t cope with the occasional gasp! So sorry about that. I hope you get to the bottom of it fast! Yes I am doing this and we...
  2. cannygirl

    THR Now POST-op

    I think this may be the cause of my pain although it is mainly actually at groin level. I don’t understand why - the intermittent, sudden pain when I am walking with no obstacles with or without a stick. I’ve taken to using the stick again for added stability . I haven’t iced recently but...
  3. cannygirl

    THR Now POST-op

    HELP! At 4 1/2 months since surgery, I am so dispirited. I can walk, I can cycle, I can sit and stand (not too long - but that is my back I guess) BUT I have intermittent stabbing pain in my groin / front of hip - almost always when walking but I can’t identify the trigger. It always catches...
  4. cannygirl

    THR Now POST-op

    After my TKR, I joined a remedial Aquafit and it was superb. I’m sure it was really important for my recovery. I don’t know any local aqua fit post Covid - but maybe I should check. I’ve just been out to buy a tennis ball and a football as it has been suggested that they may help to relax my...
  5. cannygirl

    THR Spex10 in recovery

    Oh I thought that my TKR recovery was bad! ..thank you for the reminder- I’m way better than I was after my knee . You aren’t smug - just thankfu!
  6. cannygirl

    THR Now POST-op

    t you for your encouragement. At the stage I am at, i’d expect to be virtually pain free and not dreading the next move! You are doing so well and I are really pleased for you. i did lift heavy pots when trying some long overdue gardening on Saturday…but I should be able to do that and maybe...
  7. cannygirl

    THR Now POST-op

    I’ve been a bit demoralised recently as I am having quite a pit of pain that seems to radiate down my leg. The super PT on the one step program is trying to help me identify its origin but I feel that I should be free of virtually constant pain on movement I have good mobility and I can cycle -...
  8. cannygirl

    THR Spex10 in recovery

    Well done - I’m really glad for you! Just a wee bit jealous as I should be WAY ahead but still toiling. I love the idea of a voluminous dress that you can loose aids in:heehee: I’ve been awol for a while - I guess I didn’t have much progress to report.
  9. cannygirl

    THR Now POST-op

    Hi there, I’ll ask this morning when i do my check-in with them. Maybe not “drat” after all
  10. cannygirl

    THR Spex10 in recovery

    Oh I agree but I have complicated meds having had Cushings and this working in Orthopaedics may not be used to it. I’ve just looked up one steo https://onestep.co/ and I think you can sign up - you just don’t get the 1st month free. I have been so impressed with my physical therapist. The...
  11. cannygirl

    THR Now POST-op

    Thank you for suggesting the ‘one Step‘ program. I am so please to be doing it. I’m getting a lot of benefit and only at day 4. Was this a one-off offer or is it an ongoing program?
  12. cannygirl

    THR Spex10 in recovery

    Good luck with that! I had a serious comment (not complaint) about the dispensing of my own meds . A nurse tried to give me 3x the dose on one occasion. If I’d been dotted, I could have been in big trouble. There was no come back when I mentioned it to them. :kickedout: Just because I like...
  13. cannygirl

    THR Spex10 in recovery

    I think follow-up here is really poor. I got a private physio locally who was OK but have given that up for the One Step program. The telephone call at 6 weeks was 10 minutes. I felt cheated really. The follow-up letter to my GP said that I was delighted! At that point I certainly was not...
  14. cannygirl

    THR Spex10 in recovery

    Well done you. I am still having difficulty flat on my back. Fortunately I wasn’t expected to. I’ve got good movement am loving the ‘one step program’ that BoneSmart advertised a couple of weeks ago. Very much more intensive - in a gentle way - than my physio here. I do hope you are seeing...
  15. cannygirl

    THR Spex10 in recovery

    Hello there, Following your progress. The sweats sound a nuisance - not something I experienced but faints - I did! Are you ‘sleeping’ in bed now or are you sitting up? I was still in a chair for weeks. It is amazing how much you can do albeit very slowly. All the very best with your...
Back
Top Bottom