Recent content by calikat

  1. calikat

    Revision THR Leg Length Discrepancy

    Hi Lynnsfave. It is good to hear about your successful revision. Did they have to replace your stem too? I am going to have a revision this summer.
  2. calikat

    Hip Infection Infection, dislocation, revisions, & life beyond

    Sally I am so sorry to read about your trials. Hopefully this will soon be a distant memory.
  3. calikat

    THR I am titanium!

    So I saw the famed Dr. Joel Matta today. I spent quite a bit of time in his office while he and his fellow measured, drew, discussed, measured some more took new X-rays etc. He said he hates to recommend it, but he agrees I need a revision. He said my original surgeon is well respected and the...
  4. calikat

    THR I am titanium!

    Thank you for the info on your situation @Greg. I am very sorry to hear about the metal problem. I look forward to seeing your progress.
  5. calikat

    THR I am titanium!

    Thank you for the replies. I have been trying to see if I could "live with it" as one doctor suggested, but I have pain all the time which recently has started to worsen. I have decided to move forward.
  6. calikat

    THR I am titanium!

    I am curious to talk with people who have had hip revisions. I have to have the cup of my THR cut out and revised because it is misaligned. Is there anyone out there? ETA I have been looking in the revision section, but there do not seem to be many success stories. :(
  7. calikat

    Hip Infection Infection, dislocation, revisions, & life beyond

    Hi @glynis I do understand where you are coming from about the bravery comments...but I think it also a matter of how or how not one handles the curve balls they are thrown in life.
  8. calikat

    Hip Infection Infection, dislocation, revisions, & life beyond

    Hi Sally! I am assuming this is the equivalent of outpatient PT here is the US? Try not to be too down about it. We all need the PT after a THR, and it is important for you to get rid of the limp. I never exercise as hard when I am on my own then I do with a trainer. I am a bit lazy left...
  9. calikat

    THR Psoas Tendinitis 9 months after THR

    I started slowly...baby yoga. ;) I need to get back to strength training though.
  10. calikat

    THR Psoas Tendinitis 9 months after THR

    I think you are right...It is the cup placement not the twist you did at 7 weeks. I started back to Bikram yoga a few months ago. I am going twice a week. It has actually been helping with my hip. However I can really feel that my leg is off with all of the balancing poses. But my hip does...
  11. calikat

    THR Psoas Tendinitis 9 months after THR

    A full year from my THR which will be in September. Actually my scope was pretty easy compared to the THR. The pain level for me between the two was not even comparable. I was using crutches right away with partial weight bearing, drove myself to the doctor's office 3 days later, and I used...
  12. calikat

    THR Psoas Tendinitis 9 months after THR

    Kim I am sorry that your pain has returned. What your describing sounds a lot like mine. It starts closer in the joint, but when I have been on my feet a lot or very active I feel it in my thigh and buttock as well. The thigh pain has diminished over time though. I have shallow cups also...
  13. calikat

    Hip Infection Infection, dislocation, revisions, & life beyond

    I would say do change your title only when you feel ready. I understand the hesitancy.
  14. calikat

    THR Living without a hip

    Wow macca. What an ordeal! You have come to the right place to help you get answers.
Back
Top Bottom