Guest viewing is limited

THR Living without a hip

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi @macca and welcome from another Aussie. I am also in Queensland. So sorry to hear your story so far and I really hope they get to the bottom of it. You will get some very helpful advice and heaps of support from the members here.

Thanks Bill and good morning.
 
Hi again @macca - Josephine is about to head off to bed now - way past bed time, lol.. It will be very good for Jo to see your x-rays if you are able to provide them.

I have a few chores to do now, so logging off... Just remember you are not alone now :)

Oh by the way, you don't need to quote a message from another member, just use the tag function with the instructions I provided..

Take care :)
 
Wow macca. What an ordeal! You have come to the right place to help you get answers.
 
Jo and I are very keen to see your x-rays @macca - I was able to get electronic copies. Might be worth a call to the org who did your imaging. It is good to have the records ourselves - good luck if you contact them :)
 
Macca, good morning from the other side of the world! I hope that you will get some much-needed rest and relief over the weekend. I'm sure it is difficult for your wife and children to see you in pain all the time and struggling daily to do even simple things. I hope they will also find some relief from knowing your Bonesmart friends will help and support you through this!
 
Thanks @PA Gal I must say I think I have better care on here then all the doctors I have seen. My wife is just amazing she does everything that I can not do. The kids have had it tough but lucky for me I have great friends with the same age kids and they line up to help out. They even held a party for me to raise some funds which I did not need or was embarrassed about but they just wanted to let me know how much they care.

@Poppet yes I will see what they can do in regards to the electronic copies.
 
Here is a photo of my x-ray, it is not a great shot but it is the best I can do at this time. Please let me know if it is to large.

[Bonesmart.org] Living without a hip
 
Last edited by a moderator:
It is fantastic @macca that you have got the wonderful support of your family and friends.

How nice that they held a fundraiser for you....I know losing my job and financial and medical costs have tested us in some months so it's nice to know they care.

Hang in there...we are here to help
 
Thanks macca, I will tag @Josephine - I suspect Jo will want the actual X-ray images as the phone shot is not clear - difficult to get with a phone :)

What was the name of your imaging company in Brisbane? - I would definitely suggest you call to see if you can get the electronic copies even if they give them to you on a disc.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
That's a great xray, macca, but do you have the bottom of the stem on the xray?
You can take just a small shot of that if you prefer. The rest is fine.
 

Attachments

  • [Bonesmart.org] Living without a hip
    20140629_105036.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 238
  • [Bonesmart.org] Living without a hip
    20140629_105036.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 213
Last edited by a moderator:
Just thinking out loud. Lets just say my problem might be an infection but I have no signs of being unwell and blood tests are all clear. The first operation I had I felt this pain in my groin as soon as I woke up. Surely an infection would not give me this pain 2 hours after the first operation or could it? Funny thing is I was told it is 0.05% chance of infection but when I visited the same doctor he was trying to organise someone to help him as there was another patient with an infection. I guess that 0.05% is now 1%, 2% who knows.

If I lay in bed and not move I have a 1 out of 10 on the pain scale but as soon as I move it is a 10. It really is annoying but I still have to go to work like this Mon to Fri. When the weekend comes I lay in bed in my lounge room as sitting on a chair is ok but not when I get up to walk. If the chair has no arms I can not sit down as free falling into a chair is agony and scary.

This as you know is no way of living a life and after 10 months I am getting more frustrated then ever. I am just venting but I can not wait to find a Doctor who can help me. My doctor says I am the only person with these problems out of thousands of other patients. Yea right pull the other leg.

In my last appointment he advises that my other hip will need replacing. I feel like I am being upsold. I said to myself you are not touching this leg and how about we try and fix this one first. I guess what I am trying to say that I have seen many surgeons and as far as I am concerned all they are interested in is how many sales woops sorry hip replacements they can get booked in. I know this sounds stupid but it is how I really feel and what I have witnessed.

I
 
macca, in this xray, (first below) you have missed off a big chunk of the bone to the left of the implant.


[Bonesmart.org] Living without a hip


Can you get me another image of the entire thing similar to this image on the left?
And a side view too if you have it, like the one on the right

[Bonesmart.org] Living without a hip
[Bonesmart.org] Living without a hip
 
It sure does sound like your doing it real tough @macca and having to work as well during this time would make it even harder I know. I hope you can get the rest of your image for Jo to look at as she requested above as she is a mine of information and assistance. I really hope you get to the bottom of this and I agree with your sentiments - lets get the first one right before looking at the second one!
 
@Josephine Hi, Sorry for the delay things have been tough. It is a challenge for me to sit down for 15 minutes at the computer desk. I will try and get the photos that you requested. I really appreciate your interest and everyone's comments. I have an appointment to at the Wesley Hospital Pain and Spine Centre to see Dr Atkinson so hopefully he can help me. @fulafoto thanks for your post.
 
Do let us know how you go with Dr Atkins @macca - you certainly need and deserve to get to the bottom of this problem. Have you had a result yet from the NSW infectious lab? Thinking of you... :)
 
@Poppet The infectious lab still can not find or grow anything but they are still trying hopefully. Thanks for your message I will book in to see him. Thanks again for helping me out and I will keep you posted on how I get on.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom