Recent content by BrokenMaMa

  1. B

    Lateral release with medial reefing<

    Hi all!!! Been a while...I've been concentrating on me lately... sorry!! :bath: Anyway, I'm doing pretty good after a steroid shot to the knee. It has helped tremendously!!! I've made huge accomplishments since the shot. I can walk on my own now. I bring the crutch in public places if I'll...
  2. B

    Lateral release with medial reefing<

    @Jamie Thank You!!! I will definitely try that stretch in the morning!! Well... later in the morning..not at 2:30 am! This time is reserved for a frozen water bottle exchange in the ice machine!
  3. B

    Lateral release with medial reefing<

    I have an appointment on Thursday...they moved it up a week. They didn't seem concerned since it didn't hurt. :shrug: Incisions are closed...no drainage. The knee occasionally gets hot.
  4. B

    Lateral release with medial reefing<

    @SusieShoes thanks for the post!! I'm trying to think of an effective way to get this through to my family. I'm wondering if I need to call the Dr. I woke up twice last night with terrible heel pain and it's still here this morning. I haven't slacked on meds... still every 5 hours. Feels...
  5. B

    Lateral release with medial reefing<

    Thank You ladies for these encouraging posts. All of your kind words mean so much to me. I'm trying very hard to not let this get to me. None of us had any idea the recovery would be this long and difficult. My OS did not make it clear to me before the surgery...he made it sound like a simple...
  6. B

    Lateral release with medial reefing<

    Hi guys!! Been in bed all day. My husband insisted I go to a graduation party yesterday. He thought it would be good for me to get out of the house besides PT. I reluctantly agreed. It went as I expected... every person there asking what happened, how long has it been, I feel so bad for you...
  7. B

    Lateral release with medial reefing<

    I did forget to mention that I am still in the brace. I just need to be patient and let my knee run its course. Thanks for all your kind words and support. It's this forum that gets me through the day!!
  8. B

    Lateral release with medial reefing<

    Haha!!! Wouldn't that be funny!! I can do one crutch for a while but not for too long...I always have #2 real close. My op leg felt much stronger until Tuesday when I hit the ODIC club.... I guess catch up is the name of the game now.
  9. B

    TKR liam2015: 1 Year Anniversary, Life Goes On!

    I also drive a tall truck with a small lift and bigger tires....that should be a treat when it's time to get up in there! Might need to carry a stool!
  10. B

    Lateral release with medial reefing<

    Oh thank you so much for your kind words!! I don't know what they are thinking!! My mom keeps making very sarcastic comments to me and rolls her eyes if I try to tell her about a pain or anything else. If this is her idea of tough love....it's not working! Sadly the only accomplishment I can...
  11. B

    Lateral release with medial reefing<

    sistersinhim, Josephine Good morning ladies! I have a question. We know I had a lateral release with medial reefing. I'm feeling a little down on myself this morning. I'm 6 weeks out and I'm not anywhere close to being able to walk without my crutches. Is this at all normal!!?? I know not to...
  12. B

    Lateral release with medial reefing<

    So far so good. Today is the first day I added the Tylenol. I'm going every 5 hours.
  13. B

    Lateral release with medial reefing<

    @Josephine thanks for the reply. Dr. refilled my Norco for just in case I have a bad day...such as I did on Tuesday!! But I did start with the tramadol and Tylenol. So far 50 mg of tramadol and 500mg of Tylenol is working. I figured if I needed more I could take 2 Tylenol. Hope your well.
  14. B

    TKR Pheebs52 Recovery Discovery Journey May 22

    Hey Pheebs, is the massage on your quads or elsewhere? My non-bendy is due to the tight band feeling across my knee cap so I've been doing self massage on the knee cap cuz I guess that's what makes sense to me...tight kneecap...try to massage it out. But now I wonder if I should try doing more...
  15. B

    TKR Pheebs52 Recovery Discovery Journey May 22

    Sounds like a good plan Pheebs!!! I'm so glad that's working for you!
Back
Top Bottom