Recent content by Brithael

  1. Brithael

    MUA Oct 2017 TKR - Hematoma - MUA - Finally past 90!<

    When I had my first TKR, they gave me an Iceman which was perfectly fine. I used it 24/7 at the beginning, and afterward when I over did it as we all do, it was there. I lent it to my son and the pump burned out. I asked my Dr.'s PA about an ice machine when I was setting up for surgery, and...
  2. Brithael

    How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Knee Part Deux

    Three more days and I woke up with sinus drainage. It's not a sore throat, no fever, nose isn't even stopped up. I have seasonal allergies and haven't been taking anything so I started back on the Zyrtec again this morning. Please let it be allergies! I don't want to delay this!
  3. Brithael

    Introduction from Maillady

    You're on the right track because you found Bonesmart. It was so helpful to me when I had my first TKR. Read everything! I will be having my second TKR about two weeks before you. I'll post what happens. Best of luck to you!
  4. Brithael

    Introduction from Maillady

    My 2nd TKR is three days before yours. I wrote a fairly detailed blog about what I experienced (but every knee is different!) All the information on Bonesmart is great. Read everything and just like the Boy Scouts, Be Prepared! You can do this, and you will be so glad you did!
  5. Brithael

    First Knee Replacement

    The advice you've been given about 5 days not being enough is spot on. I recovered really well and fast, but not in five days! I used a little fence around me to keep my dogs from taking a flying leap and landing in my lap. You might consider something like that with small children around.
  6. Brithael

    Having TKR October 12th 2017

    I'm just one day after you - you're right - Bonesmart is fabulous for getting information. I am hoping for just as much success with my left as I had with my right 4 years ago. I hope you have that much success with yours as well!
  7. Brithael

    2nd TKR vs. the 1st one--experiences?

    I had my first TKR just a month before you had yours. I went through the expected pains etc, but overall, it has been extraordinarily successful. The right knee was much worse than my left which I am about to have replaced in 11 days, so hoping for even better results. I will be posting in recovery.
  8. Brithael

    2017 October Feisties - Are you having knee surgery in October?

    The first pic is two pillows and measures 12" high. The second pic is 3 pillows and I think it's too high. Of course, this would depend on your pillows.
  9. Brithael

    TKR Excruciating Night Pain

    I had pain on the outside of my leg with my first TKR, and it was the IT band. Massaging it did help. I used a small electric massager and just ran it lightly on the outside of my leg. Might be worth a try.
  10. Brithael

    2017 October Feisties - Are you having knee surgery in October?

    I used pillows for my first TKR, but this time I was going to buy a wedge. I also couldn't find anything that was high enough, but then I saw the pillow stack on Bonesmart. My problem with the pillows had been their tendency to move about. This stack is held together with safety pins which makes...
  11. Brithael

    How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Knee Part Deux

    Got the dental check over with. Wow, I am such a wuss when it comes to dentists that I hadn't been since the check for last TKR. Lucky me, I had no major problems, dentist signed off, got my teeth cleaned, and I swear, I will be punctilious in the future. Now waiting for Friday and the...
  12. Brithael

    How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Knee Part Deux

    Just signed up for my second TKR on October 13th. I detailed my first TKR journey on this thread: https://bonesmart.org/forum/threads/ortho-dr-or-how-i-learned-to-stop-worrying-and-love-the-knee.20260/ In between, I have gone through breast cancer surgery, chemo and radiation which I tell...
  13. Brithael

    2017 October Feisties - Are you having knee surgery in October?

    Having the other knee done on Oct. 13th. I had a very successful TKR on my right knee in 2013.
  14. Brithael

    Sudden pain >1 yr post-op

    Sandy, I've been very remiss about checking into Bonesmart and was so sorry to read about your pain episode today. Glad to hear things seems to be getting better. DH and I are planning to camp out in our travel trailer Labor Day weekend and come to the folk music festival since we enjoyed it...
  15. Brithael

    I need your help: Has BoneSmart helped in your TKR recovery?

    Thank goodness I found BoneSmart before my surgery as the information on the website gave me the right questions to ask my Ortho surgeon. I was able to prepare myself pre surgery and take care of myself after surgery based on the information on this forum. It has now been over a year and I am...
Back
Top Bottom