Recent content by boditty

  1. boditty

    TKR boditty's recovery thread

    Ha! I like that idea. I'll just rest. Im pretty much done with the medications now thank goodness. You have a good night also :)
  2. boditty

    TKR boditty's recovery thread

    I just had a complete check up, blood panel, heart... everything, all normal. I may be depressed not sure. I just know that I am different, not yet back. Slower thinking etc. My surgeon said it can take a year or longer to be normal again. Ive also gained weight from my long recovery.
  3. boditty

    TKR boditty's recovery thread

    Hello all. I am now nine months out on my Right TKR and six months out on my left. Im walking pretty well, and go up and down stairs etc well. Problem is, I am still exhausted all of the time. I mean dont want to get out of bed tired. I pass on doing things because I just dont have the...
  4. boditty

    Knee Infection Finally Finishing Up

    Ecactly. Thanks for that remimder. My other knee started feeling better at around that time. Its just a darn long haul :) have a good weekend
  5. boditty

    Knee Infection Finally Finishing Up

    Hi Peg! I've just been reading your whole story/journey and am amazed at what you have gone through! What a trooper you are. As I lay here icing my left knee that was TKR Oct. 26, feeling bummed that I still have pain swelling etc and then I read what you are going through! So happy you have a...
  6. boditty

    TKR boditty's recovery thread

    Well, the good news is that I am out of the woods. Saw OS Wednesday and infection is all but gone. He said he had no idea why I would have the same exact infection, same exact time out ( one week) on each knee he did. But, at least it is turning around and I now have TWO new knees...
  7. boditty

    TKR boditty's recovery thread

    Thank you Celle! My visiting nurse said to do that same thing, ice, rest etc. Plus double up on water which I am doing. I'll wait to see what Josephine says too. Currently on Bactrim and Cephalexin. Thank you
  8. boditty

    TKR boditty's recovery thread

    Hello all Bone Smart buds....need your help again.... Had second TKR _left -done on October 26th. BIG problem is, just like the other Tkr in July, I also have AGAIN Cellulitis. With the other knee, it went away with first round of antibiotics, but this time, on second round of oral...
  9. boditty

    TKR boditty's recovery thread

    thank you! Again I hear your good message. I do have the list of exercises, much like everyone else's, so I will just gently do those, and go to the aquatic center for some gentle fun in the water. Feel good about it, thanks.
  10. boditty

    TKR boditty's recovery thread

    Hello all, just checking in with a question. I am now 7 weeks out, TKR, same swelling and stiffness, getting around quite well. I am now in a different location, different state actually, staying with my cousin, and wanted to find a PT here to not miss treatments, but can't find one .in my...
  11. boditty

    TKR Slainte's Big Adventure

    I've really enjoyed reading about your recovery. I too have the same insurance issue and may have other knee done in October. Will look forward to hearing what you decide to do.
  12. boditty

    TKR boditty's recovery thread

    Ok, thanks! Yes, I do simple things, daily stuff like shower, make the bed, some cooking, so I keep moving. Get tired easy and just want to watch movies and ice :) tomorrow back to PT, she's very nice . I jokingly refer to her as nurse Ratchett. She's prob too young to know what that means :)
  13. boditty

    TKR boditty's recovery thread

    Hello! I had my TKR July 6. I too have pain, but mainly lots of swelling and stiffness. Also very hot to the touch on the inside of the knee where my doctor said he did the most work due to bone overgrowth due to arthritis. I went to the PT yesterday a.d she really worked me over. My...
  14. boditty

    2015 July Sparklers - Are you having knee surgery in July?

    Hello all July people! I had my surgery Monday and so far so good. It's hard being so dependent upon others but I'm hanging in there. Four days out now, at home. How are you other July stars doing?
  15. boditty

    July 1 LHop - Bilateral

    Hello all. My surgery, right knee, is July 6th. I live in Palm Desert, CA. Let's all keep in touch ok? I'm nervous and just hope I can be prepared. I work full time and haven't had much of a chance to do much to get ready, my pre open and class is this Tuesday.
Back
Top Bottom