Guest viewing is limited

TKR boditty's recovery thread

Hello all. I am now nine months out on my Right TKR and six months out on my left. Im walking pretty well, and go up and down stairs etc well. Problem is, I am still exhausted all of the time. I mean dont want to get out of bed tired. I pass on doing things because I just dont have the energy. It has crossed my mind that I have metal allergy or something. Any thoughts on why I am still so fatigued? Can this be normal six months out from most recent surgery? Thanks so much!!!!
 
I think you have to consider that you had two major surgeries in a short period of time. Your body wasn't recovered fully from the first surgery before you had the second one. I've had problems with what I thought was excessive tiredness after other surgeries or illnesses that I had and all but one was deemed to be normal. The exception was found through a routine blood test that I was a bit amemic. You could always check with your regular doctor if you are worried at all.
 
I think that newlybionic is probably right, but it would be a good idea to go to your own doctor (PCP/GP) for a check-up.
It may be that you're anaemic, or have something else that is contributing to your tiredness. You're not depressed, are you? Sometimes that makes you feel as if you just don't want to get out of bed.
 
I just had a complete check up, blood panel, heart... everything, all normal. I may be depressed not sure. I just know that I am different, not yet back. Slower thinking etc. My surgeon said it can take a year or longer to be normal again. Ive also gained weight from my long recovery.
 
Ha! I like that idea. I'll just rest. Im pretty much done with the medications now thank goodness. You have a good night also :)
 

Staff online

  • djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020

Members online

Back
Top Bottom