Recent content by BlueRoses

  1. B

    THR discomfort and aching 18 months down the line

    Thankyou so much for the advice Jaycey, it really helps to be able to pop on here and ask for help ,will let you know how i get on
  2. B

    THR discomfort and aching 18 months down the line

    Hi Jaycey. The only thing that is different is I've got inserts in both shoes supplied by the podiatist which I've been using for 2 weeks, this to help correct the way I walk as I'm walking with too much pressure on the side of my foot of the unoperated leg. The idea I'm walking with a slight...
  3. B

    THR discomfort and aching 18 months down the line

    Hi Everyone I'm having a bit of a problem - 2 days ago when I got up in the morning I noticed I've got aching in my lower back (on the side of my hip replacement) and aching around my left (replaced) hip. I did wonder if I had slept in an odd position that had set it off but it no better 2 days...
  4. B

    Class of 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 Hippies

    Hi Another Hippy from 2011,just wanted to say hello and lifes really good with my new hip although i still get some ankle swelling on my operated leg when ive sat too long at my desk at work. Great to see this site is still such a massive help to those going through surgery,Keep up the good work...
  5. B

    Question for the ladies -smear tests?

    Thanks for all your comments ladies sorry to dissapoint welshjane theres no exciting mystery behind my name its just a beautiful song by Jimmy Nail i had played at my wedding :loveshower: Wow you certainly had both barrels thrown at you welshjane ,i hope your well on the road to recovery now...
  6. B

    THR tomorrow's the day !!!!

    Hi Britchick Sending you a big hug:console:first day after surgery is pretty rough,once they get your meds sorted you'll be suprised how quickly you feel much better.Keep you chin up lifes so good on the other side :yay:
  7. B

    Question for the ladies -smear tests?

    Just thought i would mention never had this problem with a smear before,but dont think it helped either the lack sexual activity over the past 2-3 years :blush: good job you guys are online or my face would be like that :th_heehee:
  8. B

    Question for the ladies -smear tests?

    Thats a really good idea Josephine regarding the Lloyd Davies leg supports. That would be so much easier as for starters it didnt help the bed was up against the wall ( which i can understand due to space restriction) and of course what was my bad hip -now doing really good,was against the wall...
  9. B

    Question for the ladies -smear tests?

    Hi Everybody Ive been looking on the forum and cant seem to find any answers to my query. Ive just been for my 1st smear test this week since my THR in may 2011 and unfortunatly was unable to get into a good enough position floping my legs akimbo for the dr to give me a through examination.My...
  10. B

    The future's looking good

    Re: 6 months post op Thanks Lisa/Josephine Its settled down again now,just a bit awkward at work as its like a call centre enviroment and we are monitoured when we are logged off the phone.Will have a chat with my boss this weekend,shes had a major back operation last year so hopefully will...
  11. B

    The future's looking good

    6 months post op Hi Everyone I haven't been on for a while and just wanted a bit of advice please. I'm 6 months post op and on the whole really happy with my new hip.When I went back to work at 9 weeks post op I saw the company occupational therapist and she advised with my desk job (8 hour...
  12. B

    THR 11 month checkup

    Re: Hello Hi Linda Sorry to hear your revision hasnt been as sucessful as you would have liked,have you thought about trying to get an earlier appointment to have a chat at wrightington? Im doing really well no pain but have been suffering a bit with swelling in my ankle at work -i havent...
  13. B

    Milestones in first ten weeks.

    Hi Fatgeezer Thanks for your post on the difficult subject of panic attacks it was so good to read as i too had a really bad one about 4 weeks post op when i was just sat watching tv one night.It was about a good hour before i got through it and the worst ive ever had for a long time,i just...
  14. B

    14 weeks out?? I think.

    Hi Nadine Just sending you a :console:big hug,ive been reading your posts from the start as they are so lively and funny.Im so sorry that now your well on the road to your new life with your hip that you've been hit with the breakdown of your relationship.Its sounds like AND WHERE THE HELL...
  15. B

    The future's looking good

    12 week update Hiya Hippys This week ive finally reached the 12 week mark :yes 4:ive also been for my 3 month checkup at the hospital and everything is looking very good,ive finally parted with the crutches back to the hospital but think i would be handy to maybe have a stick maybe one that...
Back
Top Bottom