Had my three month post op checkup today and everything is healing well. I was a little concerned during the past week because I've been having a slight bit of pain just under the incision area. However, the OS assistant believes it's probably bursitis since I've been overdoing it in my...
Tomorrow marks my 8 week post op date. Saw my surgeon's physician assistant today and everything is progressing even better than expected. Got some push back on cancelling my PT sessions, but I think I convinced him that I can manage just as well, if not better, on my own. I'm still doing Tai...
Right after surgery I was really worried, since it felt as if the operated leg was at least 3/4" longer than the other. Since then the difference has become less severe, and now, after 6 weeks there isn't much difference. I believe there is an article in the library about this. I think it...
@AndisMom, Hi Pam. I was wondering if you've tried hydrocodone for pain. That was what I used for a couple of weeks after the first week when my Percoset prescription ran out. It's not as strong as the Oxy, but it won't make you feel loopy and I did pretty well with it after about my 10 day...
@czak57 , Sounds like you're doing really well and being able to "go" on day four means the worst is actually behind you. :heehee: I see that you've had a tkr too, and I was curious as to whether the hip surgery is easier or harder than the knee. I'm woefully afraid that I may be needing a tkr...
Today marks 6 weeks post op and I don't really have a whole lot to say (which is good isn't it). I am off all pain meds except for Tylenol if I overdo it some days. I go to Tai Chi class twice a week and practice nearly every day without pain. My range of motion is pretty much back to pre-op...
Sounds like you're doing great, Debbie. I think the 3 week time frame was when I started going off the pain meds, so I think that will probably be a good time for you as well. That 3 week milestone seemed to be when I really felt like I was making progress. It will be 6 weeks for me on...
Yes, my OS said the same thing. I can't believe that's really necessary, but I'll be interested in seeing how many others are getting the same advice. How can you put on your socks or tie your shoes without bending more than 90°?
I had a similar situation with my first off-site PT session. She had me doing 2 and 3 sets of exercises I hadn't done before and I did them even though it was tough. The next day I could hardly walk and it took me 3 days to get back to where I had been before. I got so ticked off that I...
@AndisMom Hope you're starting to feel better by now. I meant to write earlier and ask if you have ever used a product called Sea-Band. It's designed for sea sickness and nausea and I wore them all during my hospital stay and for the first couple of weeks at home while I was on the pain...
I used Glad Cling Wrap on my incision for the first several showers and that worked pretty well to keep the dressing dry. The worst part about the shower for me was having to have my husband dry my feet and between my toes. He made such a big deal about being grossed out about my toes. I got...
Great to hear you're doing so well. Keep up the good thoughts and don't let anyone push you too hard for the first couple of weeks. Your body is working hard enough inside just to heal. Even though we feel pretty good most of the time, there's a lot going on in the hip and muscles, so don't...
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.