Recent content by belweav

  1. belweav

    THR Belweav's new hip

    Thanks. I have started the stretches.
  2. belweav

    THR Belweav's new hip

    Hello all. It's been a while since I've been on. Work got crazy and it was all I could do to work and sleep. My hip has need good but I believe I have piriformis syndrome. Pain in the middle of the butt cheek and tingling and numbness down the back of the leg to the foot. Doctor said not to...
  3. belweav

    THR Ouch's Odyssey the Other Side

    Glad to hear you are doing well. It's amazing when the horrible pain is gone and you deal with the recovery pain which is bearable.
  4. belweav

    THR Belweav's new hip

    I have a funny story to tell; Went shopping with my oldest son and his family. We went to Sears. I took my cane with me and was running around with my grandson. Then the family started looking at clothes. Somewhere along line I let go of that cane and forgot about it until I got to the car...
  5. belweav

    THR Belweav's new hip

    Well I'm almost 9 weeks post op and just completed my first week back to work. It was a good week but I am tired. My job requires me to walk a lot and climb I'm and out of trucks. I'm still limping but I got by mostly without the cane. And I have figured out why I limp as bad as I do and can...
  6. belweav

    THR Belweav's new hip

    Hi everyone. It's been 6 weeks and everything has been going smoothly. Still walking with the cane. Still too hot to do anything outside and I go back to work in a couple of weeks.
  7. belweav

    THR Working out this recovery thing finally!

    Oh the heat. We have been having 110 plus temps. I look forward to October. It should finally be down in the 80s
  8. belweav

    THR Belweav's new hip

    @Wrknitout he has gotten better than when I first started seeing him. But he was concerned about any pain and that I much appreciated. I drove for the first time since the surgery. Nice not to be tied to the house if I want to get out. And my recovery is going well.
  9. belweav

    THR Belweav's new hip

    I had my follow up appointment with my primary care doctor today. My happiest news was that I have lost 13 pounds from my surgery. He was good about upping my antidepressant to help with the anxiety that I'm still having plus gave me something for more instant relief while the antidepressant...
  10. belweav

    Depression/post-op blues - open for all

    @Lee0521 I lost one of my Chihuahuas two days before my surgery. It was almost more than I could handle. Be strong. All of this will pass.
  11. belweav

    THR Dopey

    It's amazing how much dog hair winds up everywhere except the dog. I'm glad to hear you are doing better and grandkids are great medicine.
  12. belweav

    THR Ready, Set, Recover MommaCatt

    Congratulations on your recovery. My doctor gave me the choice of when to return to work and I go back early in September, 8 weeks after Surgery. I agree too soon is too soon and I'm hoping I made the right choice.
  13. belweav

    THR Belweav's new hip

    I am four weeks post op. And doing well. The anxiety is minimal. I am eating better just not a lot. I am having some aches but ice and Tylenol takes the edge off.
  14. belweav

    Return of the icepick pain ahhhh the horror

    The pain is something I don't miss. Once you have your surgery the pain will become a distant memory.
  15. belweav

    THR Dopey

    The cane is tricky. Sometimes I almost trip over mine.
Back
Top Bottom