Recent content by Beachmusic

  1. Beachmusic

    THR Exercise Freak Bites the Dust..redux

    June 24, 2015. It's my one year anniversary today for my hip replacement, five year one day anniversary for breast cancer surgery, and things could not be better in both departments!! Hurray for modern medicine, and may the advances that give us back our quality of life continue. Even twenty...
  2. Beachmusic

    THR Rough Hospital Stay

    I'm really sorry to read this @LoyalD if I recall correctly you had more than your share of issues from the get go, both with pain and your doctor. Perhaps a 2nd opinion is in order--this shouldn't be!
  3. Beachmusic

    THR JB's (beachgal) Joyous Journey 7/25/14!

    I've just had fun catching up with 3 pages of your posts @beachgal! You made Paris, you got through tax season, and now the Derby, and later a river cruise. You have your life back in spades! All is well here too. Hip great, walking miles and miles, and back to my old weights in Body Pump...
  4. Beachmusic

    THR day 2 post op

    I have my suspicions about the bruising being related to incomplete healing and exercise but heavens knows, I'm not in medicine! Bruising should be improving, otherwise. Are you getting visiting nurses? If so they may have answers or physios may as well. I'd back off a bit until you get an...
  5. Beachmusic

    THR Exercise Freak Bites the Dust..redux

    Hi @souldancer, I hope Waterman sees your post. He had an amazing recovery and I think you are in good hands. Know this is probably a tense time for you heading into surgery, just focus on the good ahead! It takes a little time but the transformation is wonderful. My best wishes for an...
  6. Beachmusic

    THR Exercise Freak Bites the Dust..redux

    What you are doing already @healthgal is pretty darned awesome! I understand where you are coming from, yes, ( more so now after reading your recovery thread), but honestly, I worry it could be too much too soon! I know one of your worries is weight gain, and despite my reduced workout...
  7. Beachmusic

    THR Week 13 Lateral Approach THR

    Just reading your thread for the first time, and thinking about you right now in surgery. Wishing you the very best. You will be a new and ultra bionic woman! Sending good thoughts!
  8. Beachmusic

    THR Exercise Freak Bites the Dust..redux

    @healthgal46 you are only 2 wks out!? I agree, you probably should step back some and go at this slowly. My orthopedist is VERY conservative! He would not let me put any weight on it for 4 weeks and I was using a walker during that period, then a cane for a bit after. When I did resume walking...
  9. Beachmusic

    THR Exercise Freak Bites the Dust..redux

    @Jamie thanks for the response and link, which I read last night in connection with someone else's thread, but read again this morning to absorb the biofilm discussion. This episode makes me a little crazy as I'd been so vigilant about everything infection related, having read some horror...
  10. Beachmusic

    THR Exercise Freak Bites the Dust..redux

    I realize I'm not to start new threads, but my recovery thread (title above minus redux) says I have insufficient something or other to post, and the thread has been closed. Please feel free to move this. I have serious concerns I'd like to discuss. My recovery from my 6-24-14 surgery has...
  11. Beachmusic

    THR JB's (beachgal) Joyous Journey 7/25/14!

    Ha! Love the pamphlet @beachgal. My husband doesn't bring me flowers like in the pamphlet ...are we in trouble?? :) Glad you are doing so well and are back home at your beach home. Re stairs, just yesterday, finally ( just shy of 3 months now), I did foot over foot going up. The little...
  12. Beachmusic

    THR Rough Hospital Stay

    @LoyalD , I'm one of the people doing a lot of walking, but I wouldn't be doing any at all with pain as severe as yours! I am very sorry you are having such issues, even sorrier that you can't seem to get any response from your OS! You need an evaluation pronto..if not OS, then PCP. Perhaps...
  13. Beachmusic

    THR JB's (beachgal) Joyous Journey 7/25/14!

    "Life happens and we keep moving forward". I need to adopt that as my mantra! Perfect. I just finished cleaning the bathrooms and took that big ole throne of a potty chair out from the MBR bath. Be gone with you! We have "comfort height" toilets and I just did a trial run. The potty...
  14. Beachmusic

    THR JB's (beachgal) Joyous Journey 7/25/14!

    I can only begin to try to imagine what you went through losing your beautiful home and everything in it! Heartbreaking!! We lived in New Orleans when Camille came smashing onto the MS coast, and the face of the MS coast was changed forever. The beautiful old homes that had lined the drive...
  15. Beachmusic

    THR Exercise Freak Bites the Dust..redux

    Hi @LoyalD you and I share a surgery date. Nice to "see" you again, but very sorry to read about your calf! What's going on...when did it start? Oddly, my calf muscle is very tight too when I first get up, and if I've been sitting for a while. It works itself out with some careful walking. I...
Back
Top Bottom