Recent content by bdink21

  1. bdink21

    TKR New life with my new knee 8/11/15

    Hey there Bonesmarties!!! It's been a long time but happy to say how thrilled I am with my knees!! Best decision I ever made seriously. My quality of life went from 0 to 60 and most days I don't even remember that my knees aren't my own. I have lost the 30lbs I gained from the preppy awful pain...
  2. bdink21

    TKR Round 2...Right TKR

    Hey Bonesmarties!! So now it's a little over 1 year since I had my right TKR and 1 1/2 years since the left TKR and I am feeling wonderful!! I joined weight watchers and lost all the weight I gained being idle for so long and have begun exercising regularly again. It took awhile to figure out...
  3. bdink21

    Revision TKR Poz222's New Patella

    @Poz222 Hey surgery sister!!! Sorry to hear you had this problem but it sounds like you're on the mend. I was just checking in to update my thread a year after my second surgery and saw your posts! Hope your healing goes well and this time you get a great PT!!
  4. bdink21

    TKR New life with my new knee 8/11/15

    Just over 1 year post left TKR.... Just wanted to give this thread one final update. This left TKR is a champ! Feels totally real, I just have about a quarter sized numb spot on the outside of the knee. I can do just about anything with this knee, so much stronger than its younger sister lol...
  5. bdink21

    TKR Round 2...Right TKR

    6 month update Hey all! Hope everyone is moving forward in their recovery! Just wanted to give this thread an update as life takes over and leaves little time for much else. I've been back to work full time for a while now. My right knee is doing very well. Little bit of stiffness in the...
  6. bdink21

    TKR Worried Sick about Progress

    @PoorKnees I'm sorry you are having a rough time. I didn't like the dopey feeling of the oxys either but knew I needed them for the first month or so. You could try taking 1/2 doses of oxycodone during the day with the Tylenol. That might give you better pain control and less zombie feeling...
  7. bdink21

    TKR Round 2...Right TKR

    Well I have completely neglected my recovery thread lol!! I am now 7 1/2 weeks out and doing quite well. Despite a very rocky start with a lot of pain and more swelling when compared to my first TKR (I know every knee is different but can't help myself) this knee seems to be healing faster. I...
  8. bdink21

    TKR Braunzie's Journey on "The Other Side"?

    Hi @Braunzie!!! It's been a while since I've been on here---just catching up. First, my deepest condolences on the loss of your dad. I still have both of my parents but they are really slowing down and it's sad to see. Nice to hear your knee is healing well and that you are back to living...
  9. bdink21

    TKR Round 2...Right TKR

    I went for my 2 week follow up visit with the ortho PA. He took the bandage off, scar looks good, it'll look better when the glue flakes off. By the time he got in to see me I had been with my knee down for a good 2 hours so it was quite swollen. He recommended ice and elevation (which I'm...
  10. bdink21

    TKR Di's Recovery Thread

    @Newbie tkr I'd say that you've done enough for today. Relax and ice that knee for the rest of the day ;)
  11. bdink21

    TKR 3 weeks post-op total knee

    Hi @Ginger55! Congrats on your new knee! Your flexion of 96 is great for 3 weeks. The problem I see is with your PT. PT should never hurt. Your knee has been through a tremendous trauma with the surgery and needs to heal. Pushing to the point of pain will only cause more swelling and...
  12. bdink21

    TKR Round 2...Right TKR

    @newlybionic I had full ROM prior to my surgery. So I've definitely found out with this knee that less is definitely more. It was so nice taking the weekend off from any exercising but I did walk around the house quite a bit. Although my mom and sisters are great and help out, my hubby and...
  13. bdink21

    TKR Round 2...Right TKR

    The agency where my PT is from has a new policy the for new hips and knees where the pt goes home instead of rehab for daily visits for the first week. After 3 days in a row I took Thursday off and found I felt much better on Friday after resting and icing all day. She came Friday and I agreed...
  14. bdink21

    TKR Glamg1979 Has a Brand New Left Knee!!

    Oh @Glamg1979 poor you!! That is the exact pain I have with this knee! Pain so bad in my thigh and calf with muscle spasms and knots! Hopefully they'll get your pain under control tonight! Can honestly say I know exactly how you feel...hang in there
  15. bdink21

    TKR Round 2...Right TKR

    @newlybionic I had full ROM of my knee before TKR so hoping I will regain all of that just like I did with my left TKR last August. I really can't wait to have 2 good knees lol. This knee is so different than the other with more swelling and more pain. Sometimes I feel very weepy although I...
Back
Top Bottom