Recent content by Badhips

  1. B

    Been on the other side 15 days! Need encouragement!!

    Hi Summertime, yes you can do it! I realized that If I could bear a little extra pain each time I tried something it got easier the next time I tried the same thing. Little things like moving my leg with my hands to bend my knee while laying in bed. Each little thing was a little accomplishment...
  2. B

    Bilateral THR 8 Weeks, Progress

    I sent the Hospital and Doctors name information to you in a PM. I would be happy to relate my experience to you in detail if you wish. I am feeling very good now. I had some minor complications, I was transferred to a Rehabilitation hospital and after a week I was home using a walker. With...
  3. B

    Hippies scars - post your badges of honor here: NO CHIT-CHAT HERE PLEASE

    Hello All I asked the radiologist for some before and after digital copies of my bi-lateral hip x-rays Here is the BEFORE: Here is the AFTER:
  4. B

    Bilateral THR 8 Weeks, Progress

    ... I also have to add that all of the advice I got from everyone here has been great. I really appreciate all of you very much.
  5. B

    Bilateral THR 8 Weeks, Progress

    I am almost at the 8 week mark and feel so much better now. I have added as much PT as I can do and it has made all the difference. I listen to my body and stop or slow down when I feel the need, but I am taking on more and more PT and really feel great. The pain is almost gone and I am waking...
  6. B

    Bilateral THR 8 Weeks, Progress

    I have to say that I was in bad shape for a while. I was in so much pain! What has made all the difference for me has been the PT. I started doing as much PT as I could do and then more. I was careful to let my body tell me when to stop or slow down but I just kept at it. This has made all...
  7. B

    Been on the other side 15 days! Need encouragement!!

    I had bi-lateral anterior approach and had incredible pain but I feel that the PT has made all the difference. After the operation I had so much pain and it was "horrible" for me too. I was even regretting having the operation. With the anterior approach I had "no restrictions". I took all the...
  8. B

    Bilateral THR 8 Weeks, Progress

    ...oh I would also like to post my before and after x-ray and scar images. Where can I post these? - Thank you
  9. B

    Bilateral THR 8 Weeks, Progress

    I am approaching 8 weeks and feeling great after my bi-lateral hip replacement. In a previous post I was not feeling very well about the whole experience and even expressed "regrets" for having the operation. I will be updating my progress in this thread in more detail.
  10. B

    Bilateral THR 8 Weeks, Progress

    AlanInAZ, thank you. I just had a restful weekend with some ICE and hydrocodone. The medication made me a little sick but it helped.
  11. B

    Bilateral THR 8 Weeks, Progress

    Butterfly, I did not mean to say that taking the two together was dangerous... but each medication has it's own risk for adverse effects.
  12. B

    Bilateral THR 8 Weeks, Progress

    I thought I was doing everything right. I have a prescription for hydrocodone/acetaminophen but have not taken any narcotics after getting sick from them. I am doing PT as I was advised. I use ICE on both hips after my outpatient PT. 3 days outpatient PT a week Mon/Wed/Fri, various stretches...
  13. B

    date approaching really scared

    @jebrig3164 You might want to consider Anterior approach, less post op restrictions. I wish you all the best. I did not know what to expect so there was no fear going into the operation for me. Unfortunately for me the pain is more than I expected even after 5 weeks.
  14. B

    Bilateral THR 8 Weeks, Progress

    Surgery was 13 DEC 2013. Using ibuprofen for pain, but doctors warned about taking this and limiting it's use. I can get all the narcotics I want but I don't like the feeling and it makes me feel sick. I elevate my legs when possible. ICE after daily PT. I have more pain in the past 5 weeks than...
  15. B

    Bilateral THR 8 Weeks, Progress

    Had both hips replaced, anterior approach. If I could go back in time, I would not have had the surgery. The pain from the operation is so incredible and continues now into the fifth week. The pain I am having now far exceeds the pain before the operation. I am doing Physical Therapy and this...
Back
Top Bottom