Bilateral THR 8 Weeks, Progress

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Badhips... Thinking of you and wondering how you are doing. Can you post an update? We care!!! Hope things have been going in. A better direction!!

I am almost at the 8 week mark and feel so much better now. I have added as much PT as I can do and it has made all the difference. I listen to my body and stop or slow down when I feel the need, but I am taking on more and more PT and really feel great. The pain is almost gone and I am waking up each morning and notice my progress increasing. No more regrets. :)
 
... I also have to add that all of the advice I got from everyone here has been great. I really appreciate all of you very much.
 
@Badhips, I am thrilled to hear that you are doing better. Bilateral surgery is a huge trauma on your body and it does take time to heal. So pleased that your regrets are behind you. There is more healing to come, so continue to pace yourself, rest when needed, ice liberally, and be patient if you can. It's hard, I know. So glad to hear from you!!!
 
@Badhips I am so glad to hear you are doing better! What a difference a couple of weeks make :ok: yes PT - in moderation - does help rehab the muscles and get you back to doing the things you love to do. My PT team was very pleased with me in the long run - I could do every one of their exercises except one. That one - standing on tiptoe on one foot without holding on to anything - was just beyond me .... and I told the gals that since I did not envision myself ever really needing to do that I thought I'd just give it a pass. I did try to do it though - and it was NOT the hips or even the muscles that made it a no-go for me - it was a mild balance problem related to inner ear problems that I've dealt with most of my life - can't wear heels higher than 2" cuz I fall off them and get wobbly.

Spring is coming - no matter what Puxatauny Phil may say :snow plough: - and with warm weather pretty soon you'll be out and about enjoying life again. :bicycle1:
 
So glad @ Badhips that still 8 weeks all is going well for you....hope this continues for the rest of your recovery...love Chrissie xx


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart®
 
So glad to hear that you are doing better! Keep up the good work. Pace yourself. If you think you are good now you will be amazed at one year. Doing the happy dance for you.
 
@Badhips I came across this site and your thread while looking for experiences with Bilateral. I too am scheduled for bilateral THR in March in the Boston Metro area. May I ask who your surgeon was? How are you feeling now?
 
@Badhips I came across this site and your thread while looking for experiences with Bilateral. I too am scheduled for bilateral THR in March in the Boston Metro area. May I ask who your surgeon was? How are you feeling now?

I sent the Hospital and Doctors name information to you in a PM.

I would be happy to relate my experience to you in detail if you wish. I am feeling very good now. I had some minor complications, I was transferred to a Rehabilitation hospital and after a week I was home using a walker.
With some home PT, I was able to walk without a walker a week later. I am now doing outpatient PT and I am making substantial progress and the pain is almost history. If I am feeling this good now, I can't wait until I get to 6 months.

The whole experience was not without it's difficult moments. Let me know if you have specific questions about my experience and also you will find some very friendly and helpful people in this forum.
:)
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom