Recent content by baclectic

  1. baclectic

    Biodarius in recovery

    @biodarius I take Magnesium and Melatonin at night also.
  2. baclectic

    Post-op Back Pain

    @TDF like so many people, after my hip surgery I experienced back ache. I bought a Heating Pad at CVS, turned it up high, and it was glorious. The Heating Pad I bought automatically shut off after two hours. It really helped. Also I'd sometimes put a pillow under my knees. Good luck.
  3. baclectic

    Biodarius in recovery

    @biodarius For 4 months after the surgery I couldn't sleep more than 1-2 hours at a time. Now I've had a few nights with 5 consecutive hours. This is very common. This surgery took much more out of our bodies than we realized. Don't worry about it - accept what is (while relaxing) and I'm sure...
  4. baclectic

    THR New Hip -Now bionic!!<

    @Cas I saw my surgeon and he said the pillow was never necessary. Oh well! Carol - I so hope the Doctor you're seeing about your back can help you and give you some relief. Pain is so draining and wears you down. I'll say a few prayers for you. I'll be checkin BoneSmart to see how you're...
  5. baclectic

    TKR Post Op 3 weeks. No appetite, trouble sleeping.

    @galincaly Here's another confirmation that we all experienced this. I couldn't sleep more than 1 1/2 hours at a time. D I had no appetite. Don't worry. It'll return. Just live each day the best you can. Rest and Heal.
  6. baclectic

    THR New Hip -Now bionic!!<

    @Cas I sometimes feel a huge energy drain late afternoon. Sorry you're experiencing it too, but it helps knowing I'm not the only one. I also have trouble sleeping. Monday I actually slept 5 hours in a row - then went back to sleep a few times, twice waking up after 2 hours. Boy did it feel...
  7. baclectic

    One week out

    @Kat62 yesterday I realized I was parking far from my destination because I can walk distances without stopping every 20 feet because my hip hurt so much. The surgical pain is gone. I just have a little aching after sitting or laying down, but it disappears in a minute once I start walking...
  8. baclectic

    Pain Management

    @jittery my Surgeon acted like his job was done after surgery. All the pain I experienced post-op was soft tissue pain, primarily muscle. I did stay on Percocet for many weeks. It's not an easy recovery but read the "BoneSmart Mantras". They're right on with their advice. Today the pain is...
  9. baclectic

    THR Post Op pain in thigh

    Totally - was just like you. This web site suggests no PT and minimal walking. I suggest you postpone all your PT appointments and only walk one or no blocks. You're getting enough walking just taking care of yourself in your home. Then Rest, Ice where it hurts 40-60 minutes most of the day...
  10. baclectic

    THR Heterotopic Ossification after Total Hip Replacement

    @CalciumHip I've read your posts - my heart goes out to you. God bless you both and good luck. A Neighbor From Savannah
  11. baclectic

    TKR TRK December 21,2016

    @Redsnunee I had a hip replacement but had the same experience as you. I ran a low grade fever since my surgery for 3+ months. My surgeon brushed me. One day I left 4 messages stating: I'm running a fever, my thigh is pink and swollen. I'm scared my hip is infected - please call me back. It's...
  12. baclectic

    Double hippie January 30, hopefully by 2:00!

    @opie As the song goes "You've Only Just Begun" I'm jealous of you. I only had one hip done, but couldn't get into my shower for two weeks because I have a bath/shower combo and I had to raise my leg about 10" to get in. I remember a few days after surgery looking at my leg and being totally...
  13. baclectic

    THR Hurray I'm home but....

    @mlsread I had the exact same experience. When I woke up I was so stiff. But did the stretching exercises my PT told me to do. Showered and realized now I can reach down and wash and dry my lower leg and feet. Dressed, and as I was walking, realized I was pain free. Life is good. A few...
  14. baclectic

    THR just a little update

    @froggymom My Percocet said 1-2 pills so I took 2 I was in so much pain initially. My groin hurt, I could only sleep an hour or two at a time and would wake up with a lot of pain. Then one day the pain stopped. Be patient, take good care of your body one day at a time and one day soon this will...
Back
Top Bottom