Biodarius in recovery

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is the rationale continue ice throughout the recovery? And should I ice all areas in recovery? Including right above the incision? How about on the back of the leg (I had an anterior approach)?
Ice is a natural pain killer. It reduces swelling in all the areas that have been traumatised. Don't use heat at this point - too early in the healing process. Ice everywhere that is swollen. It works! (see the mantras)
 
Ice is a natural pain killer. It reduces swelling in all the areas that have been traumatised. Don't use heat at this point - too early in the healing process. Ice everywhere that is swollen. It works! (see the mantras)

Ok. I shall do it where it is swollen. How about stiffness? Ice is good for it?
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, stiffness is all a part of the swelling. Using ice to reduce the swelling will help you get more mobile which will help ease that stiffness. Still early days for you!
 
Ice is Wonderful - only don't apply directly to Skin. Have fabric between your skin and the ice. Keep on icing (40-60 min) and elevating.
 
Dear all,

It has passed 54 days since the surgery and I'm having sore serious sleeping problems. These are not because of pain, but rather due to some sense of restlessness, not finding a position to sleep, and being extra sensitive to noise and temperature.

I stopped tramadol a week ago (6/7 weeks post-op) and the sleep disorder started. So there is an apparent direct link. I stopped tramadol because pain was starting to be manageable (yeah!) and I was tired of having an stomach upset. My doctor said that sleeping disorders are normal after stopping pain medication and recommended Benadryl or Tylenol PM to aid sleep. Well, I tried the latter and the result was an anxiety attack that night. First time in my life, not fun.

I wonder if anyone had sleeping problems after stopping medication and if there is anything that worked for you.

Thank you!
 
Well, I tried the latter and the result was an anxiety attack that night.
Well I can't take Benadryl or Tylenol PM for that exact reason. They make me hyper versus help me sleep. I have also had an anxiety attack from these so I sympathise.

Can you take regular Tylenol to help you settle? I find if I take calcium before I go to bed it also helps my sleep. Guess it's the same as drinking warm milk but I can't stand the stuff!
 
@biodarius For 4 months after the surgery I couldn't sleep more than 1-2 hours at a time. Now I've had a few nights with 5 consecutive hours. This is very common. This surgery took much more out of our bodies than we realized. Don't worry about it - accept what is (while relaxing) and I'm sure your sleep will improve.
 
Wow. So it is common... I am taking calcium already, I guess I can give it a try before bed.

Thank you for your answers!
 
That says it all pretty much. I am now trying green tea during the day (has l-theanine that supposedly helps with anxiety) and a calming tea (yogi brand) that has at chamomile among other herbs. It is helping, but knowing that sleep deprivation is common helps a lot because now I don't get as anxious from trying to figure out the why of not sleeping. Thanks again
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom