Recent content by Babushelen

  1. Babushelen

    Bilateral TKR SusieShoes' New Knees

    Love it...love it...love it!! You go girl!!
  2. Babushelen

    TKR Acceptance and Understanding<

    Great post Needhope! I’m glad you are listening to your knee. That’s great wisdom. As far as the pain is concerned, are you taking OTC pain (such as Tylenol or acetaminophen) on a schedule? That was a great help to me since neither my OS nor my PCP would refill my script. It sounds like a...
  3. Babushelen

    TKR And the Marathon Begins<<

    How about taking a little short walk outside to take care of your restlessness? It’s ok if at first you can only go to the drive way and back. Maybe do a couple of short distance walks in between icing. I don’t know if where you are the weather has turned nice, if so, the sun on your face can...
  4. Babushelen

    TKR Acceptance and Understanding<

    @Needhope, please be careful not to over do it! I know how you feel about being a burden to others. I too felt that way. I felt so bad about having to rely on others. I felt anxious about my house being in disarray. My husband took care of me but he isn’t a good housekeeper. Everything you are...
  5. Babushelen

    TKR My recovery story

    Thanks @Jockette @HoneyB @Mutti for your inputs. I think I’ll stick with my OS. He has performed many TKRs and has perfected his craft to the point that most of his surgeries (barring any complications) take only half hour. That is how it was with mine. I did have an area in my knee with...
  6. Babushelen

    TKR My recovery story

    @Celle you are absolutely right. That has been on my mind which is why I’m hesitant to switch even if he doesn’t do that type of implant. He is not the warmest person in the planet but he knows his craft. He also is very practical and realistic about the recovery. When I had my first...
  7. Babushelen

    TKR My recovery story

    @HoneyB I’m considering a ConforMIS knee. I have to talk to my OS to see if he does those types of knee replacements. I located another surgeon in the area and it looks like he has great reviews. I’m on the fence about it ‘though, because I really like my surgeon. I hope you get your RTKR...
  8. Babushelen

    TKR My recovery story

    Great advice @MSgirl!! I’ll be sure to heed it. My lefty is in pretty bad shape but I do have to consult my OS to see what he recommends. Thank you @SusieShoes and @MSgirl for the encouragement. I feel so blessed to be part of this forum!!
  9. Babushelen

    TKR Acceptance and Understanding<

    @Needhope You sure are a gutsy lady. You are stronger than you think yourself to be. At your stage I still had a lot of pain that seem to come out of nowhere. I remember bawling my eyes out and screaming like a toddler. My poor husband just stood next to me baffled and not knowing what to do. I...
  10. Babushelen

    TKR My recovery story

    I haven’t posted an update for a while. Although, I have been reading other’s posts. Today is 3 months / 11 days since my RTKR. I can say that I have progressed a lot. I still don’t know about flexion or extension numbers since I have no way of measuring them. All I can say is that I can walk...
  11. Babushelen

    Bilateral TKR Second Year Progress

    Yay @mlwreader !! Can’t wait till I can do such feats of prowess! We Bonesmarties appreciate the seemingly simple things that our bodies can do but other able bodied take for granted. So happy for you and am encouraged that someday I’ll be able to bend down low and get up. For now, I’m...
  12. Babushelen

    Bilateral TKR SusieShoes' New Knees

    Congratulations @SusieShoes for getting to the end of a tunnel with so much grace. You are truly an inspiration to me and so many here who receive your sage and calming advice.
  13. Babushelen

    TKR I’m baffled by this

    Hang in there. What you are experiencing is normal at the stage you are in. Read all the articles and follow the advice. It will get better. Make sure you are taking your meds on schedule and don’t skip doses. Take care. We are here for you!!
  14. Babushelen

    TKR It's The HoneyB's Knees

    I never get tired of reading @Bertshb record of his ROM progress. @HoneyB, I think your ROM is excellent!!
  15. Babushelen

    Revision TKR Third and final surgery all done

    Wonderful news. Praying for a great recovery. Take care and give that knee lots of TLC. Hugs
Back
Top Bottom