Recent content by Aussie Bill

  1. Aussie Bill

    Revision TKR Knee revision “1st night”

    Hi Layla, I did see my Surgeon Dr. Chen last week regarding my swollen knee. He is having me take anti inflammatory meds to reduce the swelling and wearing a compression sleeve over the joint. The veins popping up over the knee he said was from pressure in the joint but so far the swelling has...
  2. Aussie Bill

    Revision TKR Knee revision “1st night”

    Hi EalingGran, Never had varicose veins before, so maybe that's it. I was a pre-press Manager for a printing company before my current job as Plate Maker. Unfortunately in my current job I have no one to share the workload. My boss came out from Thailand to cover for me while recovering for the...
  3. Aussie Bill

    Revision TKR Knee revision “1st night”

    Hi Layla, I have a referral from my GP. She had no idea about the veins or continued swelling. My specialist is gone the whole month of July and booked out till August. I have made an appointment with one of the partners for 8th July. Maybe get some answers from them. Work: unfortunately I work...
  4. Aussie Bill

    Revision TKR Knee revision “1st night”

    Hi Layla, I’m doing OK, went to work after 6 weeks and have been seeing a physiotherapist to strengthen the joint. Unfortunately over the past 5 weeks the joint has stayed swollen even after icing and elevation. I’m walking and standing most of the day. I have started wearing a compression brace...
  5. Aussie Bill

    Revision TKR Knee revision “1st night”

    Hi FleuveStone, thank you for the kind words: we love our area and fortunately have been here since 1996. Plan on going back to work in 14 days, need Surgeon to approve this in 2 days. Anzac holiday next week, Dr. Chen is booked up the whole week. I thought the hospital physio’s could approve...
  6. Aussie Bill

    Revision TKR Knee revision “1st night”

    Cheers - all good. I still have a constant ache in the joint (1-2 out of 10). Taking Panadol some of the time (mainly to sleep). It’s consistently a bit swollen, but not badly, just on the outside. Doing exercises and hydrotherapy later today. It’s going OK. Maybe expecting more improvement this...
  7. Aussie Bill

    TKR 2nd knee replacement updates

    Hi Ann, hope you’re feeling better this week. I had my revision TKR on the 20th of March. My Surgeon Dr. Darren Chen uses stitches that dissolve over time. My wound has healed mostly except at the top where I would assume knots exist under the skin. Know it’s not a race, just heal and recover as...
  8. Aussie Bill

    Revision TKR Knee revision “1st night”

    Hey guys 4 weeks from surgery today. Walking around the block daily or forest walk - both about 2K’s 30+ minutes, went for PT and Hydrotherapy sessions on Monday and Wednesday at Rehabilitation Area at hospital. PT pushed me to get 122 and -5, but a bit sore still from Wednesday’s session. Just...
  9. Aussie Bill

    TKR RunningFree's Second TKR Recovery

    Hi Runningfree, hope you can keep your spirits up. I had revision surgery 20 March and do remember the long struggle with both TKR surgeries (2012 (R) and 2022 (L)) with Pain management. Fortunately for me this time it started out the same: super painful to move, but now not so bad ( just sore)...
  10. Aussie Bill

    Revision TKR Knee revision “1st night”

    Hi, hey 20 days post op. My wife is concerned that I’m doing too much. Just your opinions. My knee is not very sore at the moment. Stopped taking morphine/strong pain killers 5 days ago, just Panadol and sleeping OK. Yesterday and this afternoon gone for 2K walk around the block: 27 minutes...
  11. Aussie Bill

    Revision TKR 21 days post knee revision progress

    Hi 4MarinaPt I’m recovering from revision TKR 3rd week out from Surgery. Can’t sleep at the moment but just uncomfortable. My 1st TKR was in 2012, Then at the end of 2025 the post at the back of the plastic insert snapped off in the joint and made the knee unstable. Constantly dislocated. The...
  12. Aussie Bill

    Revision TKR Knee revision “1st night”

    Hi FleuveStone. We live in Helensburgh about 2 miles from the coast atop an escarpment. Some properties in town look out at the Pacific, but ours does not instead we are above the Train Station on the ridge line. We have great views of our little valley. Yes the ocean pools are along the coast...
  13. Aussie Bill

    TKR Reassurance needed

    Hi William1950. Hope you enjoyed the hydrotherapy session. I’m keen to get in the pool but my workers comp insurance hasn’t approved outpatient sessions and being Easter weekend doubt it will be approved for another week, so more likely to do my own. My surgeon said if I was off the pain meds I...
  14. Aussie Bill

    TKR Trying for Acceptance

    Hi FleuveStone, I’m not an expert by any means, but for myself I’m just doing what feels right for me. In rehab we did sessions at 9AM and 2PM. So that’s what I’m continuing with. My house has stairs and I’m doing short walks as well. The rest of the time just watching TV or on the iPad with my...
Back
Top Bottom