Recent content by appaloosa girl

  1. appaloosa girl

    TKR The Need For New Shoes After a TKR or a BTKR

    Thank you so much for the info. Never thought about getting new shoes after my TKR.
  2. appaloosa girl

    MUA billywhizz666 - the saga continues

    @billywhizz666 Oh my, horrible !!! Yes get that second opinion and a new surgeon. Dana
  3. appaloosa girl

    Revision TKR I just got my new knee.

    Once in awhile I get the side to side thing. Hate it.
  4. appaloosa girl

    MUA 11 week post RTKR

    Hi @Lori1973, what your pt is doing is not helping your issue at all. You are doing more at the gym. At 16 weeks you are still early in your recovery. Stiffness and pain are going to be issues for you to deal with. Even your hamstrings being so tight. For that I would suggest light gentle...
  5. appaloosa girl

    Revision TKR I just got my new knee.

    Hi @Angel1978 , I so get you not wanting to aggravate your knee. Your patience is awesome!! When do you see your revision os?
  6. appaloosa girl

    TKR Checking in - Workman's Comp Problems

    Yes it's lawyer time. Let them give you the advise you need and hire them. Let them do the talking for you. Workers comp along with other government agencies are known for making it hard to get compensation. Good luck and please let us know how you are doing.
  7. appaloosa girl

    TKR 2 & 3 year update

    Thoughts and prayers are with you.
  8. appaloosa girl

    TKR I did it!!

    Hey @susie09 im so sorry I haven't replied to your question!! The only difficulty I'm finding right now is pressing my leg against my horse. It hurts some. I have to take my leg out of the stirrup and try that way. But I will keep trying to strengthen the muscles on my legs and I'm sure it will...
  9. appaloosa girl

    MUA Limited ROM - CRPS

    Hi @Wrangler Catching up on posts too. Hope you find your pendulum so you can get riding again. It may help you with your ROM.
  10. appaloosa girl

    MUA at 9 weeks

    Hi @GeorgiaOldie Welcome to bonesmart!! One of the moderators will be on later to give you some reading material and answer your questions. It's definitely good that you are going to your OS to talk about your knee. You are still very early in your recovery. You will still have some swelling...
  11. appaloosa girl

    TKR Lin's Recovery Journey

    Hi @ Lin, I'm now 11 months out. It took 3 months befor I liked my surgeon again. I was on my oxi for about 14 weeks and then hydrocodien for about 4 weeks. My nights were the worst part. My skin hurt so bad that I couldn't have a sheet against it. The meds helped so much. Each day is a day of...
  12. appaloosa girl

    TKR Its been worse than childbirth! Did I make the right decision?

    Hi @kneegone good to hear you are doing things again!! Tennis (awesome)!! I think the stiffness is something we are going to be dealing with for awhile. Even tho I exercise everyday and ride my horse, I still get stiff. But onward we go. Dana
  13. appaloosa girl

    TKR Day 4 of New Left Knee

    It is truly worth it!! Remember this isn't a race. Go slow. You are very early in your recovery. I think all of us have banged our knee into something causing horrible pain!!
  14. appaloosa girl

    TKR I did it!!

    :flwrysmile:Hi everyone!! I am now 7 months out. My activity level is way beyond what it was before my tkr. I'm now riding on my horse and it's been great! I do find that if I press hard against him my knee hurts a little so its exercising to get that stronger. I do have to be careful when on...
  15. appaloosa girl

    Revision TKR I just got my new knee.

    Hi Angel1978 So glad to hear you are doing so much better. I can honestly say that with time all the aches and pains will ease up. At 7 months I get some still but nothing like it was early on. You will also find a comfy spot while sitting and laying down. It is a very long recovery. You are...
Back
Top Bottom