Recent content by aperture

  1. A

    TKR Knee pain

    Winston0915 Wow! Two weeks! Agree with other Bonesmarties; two weeks I was just trying to shower. My PT and surgeon never touched my knee or tried to bend it. If my PT hurt I was told to take a day off a particular exercise. I iced and elevated (with slightly bent knee) and was gently with...
  2. A

    PKR QdogPa recovery

    I cannot kneel either--I can kneel on my right knee and awkwardly have my left surgery knee bent with foot on the ground. Anyone out there know how long this takes? It is scary I agree. Qdogpa have you tried?
  3. A

    PKR QdogPa recovery

    Yep me too...here at six months out . Some things are so awesome. I can walk without pain farther than I have been able to in years: five miles three days ago. That being said, I have felt minor zingers and more discomfort lately, which has taken me by surprise. I had probably been bending...
  4. A

    PKR QdogPa recovery

    @Qdogpa-- I haven't been on forum for some time and now that I read your comments I laugh, since we have always been pretty similar in our recovery and at post five months I too have issues with something like weeding (there is no way to bend the knee repeatedly doing any activity that doesn't...
  5. A

    PKR How to walk?

    @Andypandy I am the same journey; four months out pkr. The last few weeks have been really pretty good; walking a lot and finally able to manage the "down" stairs (with stiffness). But I also am surprised when I have stiffness and soreness. Sometimes it is hard to nail down exactly what...
  6. A

    Bilateral TKR Bikinglynn's Recovery Thread

    Yep. My surgery was Jan. 27th and I am at the same place. No pain, just occasionally some stiffness and soreness after a long time sitting. Standing is problematic after a few minutes. I can go down stairs finally with just a tad of tweaks— that was my last big challenge, as there are a lot...
  7. A

    TKR Knee replacement post op issues

    I agree to not being overly concerned about PT. Usually in our area (cleveland) they come to your house for a few weeks to make sure nothing is too swollen or too stiff and have you do gentle knee slides and walking a bit. you shouldn’t have to get in the car and an office so early on. I am 3...
  8. A

    PKR QdogPa recovery

    Yep ...same stuff going on here with three month recovery. Still really variable. Can go downstairs finally but sort of a jump-down, favoring the right leg. Mornings are still the stiffest and most uncomfortable time . Walking straight ahead is really good and pain free. Can totally bend leg...
  9. A

    PKR Pain and redness on top of knee cap 5 weeks post PKR

    @bikinglynn Wonder how you are doing after your regression. We sound so similar in frustration and pushing the recovery and then getting punished for that by regressing! I slowly walked a mile on the treadmill yesterday. Even right before my surgery when I was bone on bone I would slug out...
  10. A

    PKR QdogPa recovery

    Yeah, some of the accounts I have read here of over- aggressive physical therapy sounds like medieval torture, and even though I can’t get any due to the virus, I am happy with my outdoor walks and day to day activities. It was helpful to read about the “tight band around the knee feeling” as...
  11. A

    Bilateral TKR Post op week 14

    Four weeks seems like a long time to feel the way you do, and it is so frustrating to feel tired and in pain day after day. I am nine weeks post op and still frustrated with the slow improvement, but as everyone here tells you we just have to hang in there and little by little we gain strength...
  12. A

    Bilateral PKR A hiker's new knees

    Ready2HikeAgain bikinglynn I am almost nine weeks out, but wondering if you also are frustrated by the slooooow recovery. I feel ok, then go for a long walk and everything seems fine, but then have pain and more stiffness the next day. I have found that straight-ahead walking on a hard or...
  13. A

    PKR QdogPa recovery

    @Qdogpa and @Andypandy : I am about the same in recovery time as you. I am very depressed about the lack of recovery. Nothing seems to be much different in the past weeks, and now it seems like when I walk if I walk "off sidewalk" on a trail even slightly up or down I get the "zaps"; then knee...
  14. A

    TKR Lindylee's RTKR 20 January 2020

    We here in Ohio are locked down also. Delivery of groceries has been ok, and my daughter and husband are helping us. Being over 70 and a history of a hospitalization for sepsis is worrisome but I am trying to be upbeat. Neighbors wonderful. People are supposed to put a teddy bear in their...
  15. A

    PKR QdogPa recovery

    @Qdogpa I am pretty much at the same pace as you. I get frustrated also when I walk too much and then pay for it. Thanks Jockette for your advice. This virus is scary to deal with along with recovery from surgery. We don’t have our usual defenses mentally to fight the anxiety. I am getting...
Back
Top Bottom