Recent content by AnnieRose2

  1. AnnieRose2

    THR AnnieRose new hip June 5<

    Hi, Layla, so nice to hear from you. Hope you are well. Unfortunately I’m not doing ok. We did go away to St Thomas in December..I had a good time and very little pain. I was able to walk barefoot in the sand and swim in the water water. Since I been back in cold weather ,I’m not doing good. My...
  2. AnnieRose2

    THR I’m worried about every new ache!<

    Hi, I have the same worries about PT and have bad days after a session. I’m further down the line than you. So I basically don’t have any advice. I had home PT right after surgery then as an outpatient. I stopped that for weeks and now I’m back. I agree they are the only Medical team that I...
  3. AnnieRose2

    THR Celebrating one at a time, encore!

    Dropping in to say Hi and sending healing thoughts to you. Stay strong :flwrysmile:
  4. AnnieRose2

    THR AnnieRose new hip June 5<

    The weather is cold and damp here in NY and my hip is not happy. The weather people are saying Thanksgiving day will be the coldest in history..yikes I went to my chair yoga class , and did a little shopping yesterday. Does that count as ODIC? I feel like it is. The IT band near the knee is so...
  5. AnnieRose2

    THR AnnieRose new hip June 5<

    @SurreyGirl I use Australian Gold 30 sunscreen. I'm seeing FB posts asking people to purchase sunscreen that protects coral..I haven't seen that in stores, yet..My one piece suit covers most of my scar,and if I wear boy shorts, its completely covered. This is our 12th year back to St...
  6. AnnieRose2

    THR AnnieRose new hip June 5<

    Hi @luvsibes..thank you for your advice. We started this together and thru it all ,I take strength from your kind words. I haven’t had a massage, yet . When I called to make an appointment, I might have said too much , and they want a doctors note prior to visit. They offer therapeutic massage...
  7. AnnieRose2

    THR AnnieRose new hip June 5<

    Hi all, back from OS appointment. Good news..the X-ray / implant is in proper position and healing. He said he was proud of this surgery. He observed me walking and said all looked good. ( of course, I was not in pain at time of visit) He asked how I’m doing and I said not good. I told him I...
  8. AnnieRose2

    THR AnnieRose new hip June 5<

    I'm really in a bad way today. The pain management doctor injected Kenelog in a site about 1 inch above my affected knee. I was having pain there and he said he said that's the area of a bursa. That was this past Tuesday. Since then the pain is unmanageable. I cannot weight bear, I'm hobbling...
  9. AnnieRose2

    THR AnnieRose new hip June 5<

    @Alitm Thank you for your kind words..Good luck with upcoming surgery.
  10. AnnieRose2

    THR AnnieRose new hip June 5<

    Hi all, I’m in month 5. Here’s my updates. The injection for trochanteric bursitis helped a little. My IT band is still sore. Groin pain remains. Rainy days are terrible.( pain) I developed pain in a bursa 2 inches above my knee . The pain managment doctor injected that area on Tuesday. That’s...
  11. AnnieRose2

    THR I’m worried about every new ache!<

    You’re in recovery , not training Big difference
  12. AnnieRose2

    THR Pain developed after 14 months<

    @Sunnysept The pain was near the bony trochanter area and the injection helped.. But honestly , the entire thigh is sore when I touch it. I can't imagine this going on any longer. I feel like my whole life is Hip-centric..either icing or doing stretches. I use to go to gym but I froze...
  13. AnnieRose2

    THR Pain developed after 14 months<

    I had similar pain on side and I went to a pain management doctor ..He injected into Bursa and it helped. Like you, the surgeon seemed uninterested in bursitis..He actually told me he had no idea why I was having pain on side.. The pain management doctor examined me and made the diagnosis...
  14. AnnieRose2

    THR I’m worried about every new ache!<

    You're 4 weeks out from surgery..Don't be in pain..I was prescribed Tramadol and I would take half a pill , 25 mg as needed. check in with surgeon. I lived with ice packs..I remember not getting straight advice from surgeon as to what I should do to get better. He said just walk..My family and...
Back
Top Bottom