Recent content by Anniemof

  1. Anniemof

    Revision TKR A New Day

    @Jcx, i can understand how you're at your wits ends, I think at times you feel like you're going crazy and it's out of your control. I really hope you get a date soon, not that anyone what's a revision but you can't go on the way you are, after three years, you need the problem sorting. Once...
  2. Anniemof

    Revision TKR A New Day

    @Jcx, I'm glad to hear you've had your pre assessment, at least this means you're moving towards your op date., which is not what any of us want when we start this process. I think you were right not seeing further surgeons, it would only complicate matters, now you've got your course of action...
  3. Anniemof

    Revision TKR A New Day

    @Jcx Sorry to hear that you’re still on the waiting list for your revision. From what I know Prof Deehan is one of the best surgeons and takes on more complicated cases, hence the reason he did my mam’s, so maybe his list takes longer. It seems to be a bit of a lottery at the moment. I thought...
  4. Anniemof

    TKR Acupunture update

    @Duffyboy Hi I read your message with interest, I had my RTKR in feb 23, so 15 months out. My knee remains very stiff and tight and my bend is about 95 if I push it but that's very uncomfortable. I could bend it at 90 at a weeks post op and can still ony really do 90. I've had three falls since...
  5. Anniemof

    TKR RTKR. 17/2/23

    @Jockette, Thank you for your reply, I hope I make some improvement in my second year xx
  6. Anniemof

    TKR RTKR. 17/2/23

    Well it's been 13 months since my TRKR and I thought I'd share my progress. The knee is still tight and the soft tissue surrounding the knee remains uncomfortable. I'm back at the gym lifting weights, not too heavy, but it's very slow progress. My right quads are very weak. I liken my knee to an...
  7. Anniemof

    Revision TKR A New Day

    @Jcx I'm sorry to hear your news from the second opinion. It must have been such a shock, I'm not surprised you couldn't decide there and then. I'm sure the revision will be the right choice as you've had ongoing issues for a long time and these will not get better if the implant is loose. Keep...
  8. Anniemof

    Revision TKR A New Day

    @Jcx I hope Prof Deahan sorts out your knee and can give you some answers. This whole knee recovery is a mystery to me. While I have improved at 10 months post op, my knee is by no means completely healed. I also still can't bend it past 90 degrees but I'm coping with that and managing most of...
  9. Anniemof

    TKR 10 weeks am I going backwards

    @Eljina52 10 weeks is a very early point following this brutal op. I've never felt depressed in my life until I went through my RTKR in Feb23. Your bend is very good at 10 weeks, I was 90 at 10 days and I'm still 90 at 7 months. The Physio did get me to 100 a few times but that wasn't natural. I...
  10. Anniemof

    TKR When oh when oh when

    I hope you get some answers from your scan today as to why your knee remains so painful x
  11. Anniemof

    TKR RTKR. 17/2/23

    @JusticeRider Thank you for your tip to stretch my quad and hip, it does work and I can feel the stretch when I do it. I also like your neighbour's thoughts on expectations and keeping your long term expectations high. My current aims are to make my knee as functioning as I can and if I gain...
  12. Anniemof

    TKR RTKR. 17/2/23

    @Tentcamper I was about 4 months post op before my mental health improved and I'm sure you will get there. This op can be incredibly difficult for some of us. I also think for some of us it's a very slow progress and hopefully we'll get there, just a bit slower. I now wonder if my expectations...
  13. Anniemof

    TKR RTKR. 17/2/23

    Well I'm six months post op RTKR and 6 weeks post R wrist fracture, to say it's been a hard year is an understatement. The wrist is healing, still aches but I can use it more. The right knee ROM is still 90 degrees ( I was 90 at ten days post op ) I'm much more accepting of this now and realise...
  14. Anniemof

    TKR I would welcome some advice after 2nd TKR (right)

    @Scully2005 I'm very inpressed that you're managing such a long flight at six weeks. I'm nearly 6 months and building up to a train journey, in September, from Newcastle to London to visit my son. I have had a fall and broken my wrist which set things back a bit. Have a safe trip.
  15. Anniemof

    TKR What did I get myself into?

    Hope your back surgery on the 14th goes well and sorts out the problems you're having.
Back
Top Bottom