Recent content by Annekin

  1. A

    TKR Trying for Acceptance

    That's exactly it. They're not as popular here as they once were. But the hotter weather we now have in Britain because of climate change I imagine will change all that!
  2. A

    TKR Trying for Acceptance

    Glad you've got some hydrotherapy exercises to do. Perhaps you can find a Lido to do the exercises in Summer?! I've got hydrotherapy on Thursday for the first time in 2 weeks, as the pool needed repairs. Fingers crossed for sunshine!
  3. A

    THR Post Op Struggles

    Hi @FleuveStone Hydrotherapy has definitely been my saviour. My hydrotherapy pool is outside in the garden of the physiotherapist. It's a warm pool so you can use it all year round, so it's very mindful. I'm also quite enjoying the exercise bike. Although ask me again in a few months time when...
  4. A

    THR Post Op Struggles

    Hi @FleuveStone Thanks for your message. I'm not sure how much of my thread you read? My issues are complicated somewhat by having had hip dysplasia. A late diagnosis (in my mid 30s) & hip replacements (in 2018 & 2023) meant unfortunately my gait had been quite significantly affected by the...
  5. A

    THR Post Op Struggles

    Thank you @Layla & @myglasshalffull I was aware of the disc degeneration but had previously told they didn't think it was the cause of my pain. However I didn't know it was accompanied by inflammation, or that the bone development issues that cause dysplasia can also affect other areas, in my...
  6. A

    THR Post Op Struggles

    Thought I would update following a recent visit to a pain management consultant, who my doctor referred me to in order to help me explore any other rehab options. His diagnosis/assessment was that most of the hip problems I'm experiencing are referred pain from my lumbar spine. This being the...
  7. A

    THR Cannot sleep in bed

    I also still have interrupted sleep. Lying on my good side has helped somewhat as it reduces morning pain. I also have quite a firm mattress which helps with the back pain. But I seldom sleep all the way through the night. Fortunately I'm semi retired so there's no pressure for me to get up...
  8. A

    THR A Matching Pair of Hips! RTHR

    Yes. Don't do exercises and gardening. Gardening is exercise!
  9. A

    THR A Matching Pair of Hips! RTHR

    This is such an inspirational story @Deni444. I didn't realise you had been so immobile before the surgeries because (as you say) you didn't let it get you down, & adapted to your situation. I'm so glad things are now moving forward for you & that you can do the things you enjoy more easily. I...
  10. A

    THR Post Op Struggles

    Thank you @Layla & @myglasshalffull Yes water has been my saviour. I really think it should be "prescribed" more by health professionals. Particularly those with mobility issues. I don't know what it's like in the States, but here in the UK I think the NHS only use hydrotherapy for very...
  11. A

    THR Post Op Struggles

    Hi all Thought I should update re all my niggles & how things are going. My scans didn't show anything new. Hip bursitis as before and no nerve damage. The private consultant who referred me for these scans didn't think there were any more options available for me except pain management. He...
  12. A

    THR Concerned about my progress

    Hi @LR1000 As others have said, you will recover at your own pace. But I can understand your frustration because you want to get your life back. However don't rush because it is those moments when you can do yourself more harm & slow your recovery even more. What I would suggest, as it has...
  13. A

    THR About inserts for LLD

    Hi @overthehill My surgeon measured me 2 years ago using the xray of my hip. He said there wasn't a difference, although periodically physiotherapists have mentioned they thought there may be one. So a few months ago (with nothing left to lose as the pain wasn't going away) I saw a podiatrist...
  14. A

    THR Post Op Struggles

    Thanks @Pumpkin I have had injections before. The first one helped a lot. The later ones not so much. I'm hoping though that a guided shot into the bursa will help identify whether or not the pain is coming from the greater trochanteric, given everything else has been ruled out as far as...
  15. A

    THR Post Op Struggles

    Thank you Layla. My back has calmed down more now. So hopefully I'm good to go for the Christmas getaway. Gotta keep plugging away as you only get one life. Have a good Christmas!
Back
Top Bottom