Recent content by Andypandy

  1. A

    TKR I'm back again

    @Dolphin5 I still have interrupted sleep, 3 months mua, 7 months tkr, can affect any part of the leg and definitely dependant on what I have been doing. Saturday came against an incline, down to start but 2 hours later, had to go up. So that really aggravated my knee, and back and paid for...
  2. A

    TKR I'm back again

    @Dolphin5 I started driving 4 weeks after my MUA, automatic. Didn't feel like it at all but once behind the wheel felt better. As long as you can do an emergency stop, relayed this to my insurance company, then you're OK. Little trips to start and I have to add, some discomfort. So it's...
  3. A

    TKR I'm back again

    @Dolphin5 I had an MUA on 7th March 2025 due to scar adhesions. I had my TKR on 9th December 2024. Today, I am still experiencing slight swelling, slightly painful and all this is to be expected. Doing so much more now and the key is rest and ice when needed. The only exercise I have ever...
  4. A

    TKR TKRsharon's Recovery

    @TKRsharon that's exactly what I experienced, the whole shabam. Absolute nightmare, couldn't see the light at the end, oh my word what have I done and why. And, for all the fabulous people on here telling me it does get better:banghead: just wanted it to be immediately. So, I am one of those...
  5. A

    TKR Mickimouse’s Recovery Thread - Need Support

    @Mickimouse I am 4 months tkr and 1 month mua. At 2 months felt the symptoms you are experiencing and was taking 30mg codeine (when my stomach allowed) and using a crutch. My surgeon advised whatever I needed was the way forward. To stand to cook was horrendous, had to keep having rests as...
  6. A

    MUA Sleeping on my side, 5 weeks post TKR

    @beralc thank you, still a way to go and as we are all aware, have to keep up with our routines. Pleased you are doing so well, as you said, couldn't see that light but it's all about patience. Have you had your final check with your surgeon? Take care and enjoy this beautiful weather xx
  7. A

    MUA Sleeping on my side, 5 weeks post TKR

    @Layla thank you Layla, thought the other day to do a catch up. 4months tkr and 1 month Mua and so far all good. Regarding the mua, everything my surgeon explained to me has occurred. The swelling, which has been absolutely no different to the swelling before the mua has definitely been the...
  8. A

    TKR I'm back again

    @Dolphin5 agree rather late to call, but we are talking about Mental Health and they work round the clock. They are there to help and many people need their help no matter what the time. I am sure she will understand why you put the phone down, let's hope you get that all important call back.
  9. A

    TKR I'm back again

    @Dolphin5 can you contact your GP tomorrow and have a chat, please. Honestly, I felt exactly as you are and my saviour was my GP. I am a strong willed person, normaly, had breast cancer an coped very well. This, well this is just something else. You can do this but you must get help...
  10. A

    TKR I'm back again

    @Dolphin5 Just want to wish you a fabulous weekend with your son. The sun is shining, love to look at the sea when the sun dances across it. Yes, have a day off, gets on your nerves with the same old every day. When my son's call me and ask what I am doing, "Same old, same old" is the answer...
  11. A

    TKR I'm back again

    @Dolphin5 I really feel the anguish you are experiencing. This journey is not easy and we are facing different feelings, not only in our bodies but in our minds. Many of us suffered the "blues", comes with the operation, I cried almost every day in pure frustration because I didn't like the...
  12. A

    MUA Sleeping on my side, 5 weeks post TKR

    @beralc Well, got a bit "cocky" yesterday and went for a wander round Home Bargains. Hubby said, as usual, you're doing too much,but I insisted doing each aisle. Guess what??!!! Got to check out and oh wow, couldn't wait to get home and spent rest of day ice/elevate/film and feeling really...
  13. A

    MUA Sleeping on my side, 5 weeks post TKR

    @Oldped sorry to hear you are still suffering. That's the problem with stomach issues, kicks off so easily and gastritis is horrible. Hope you feel better soon. Once you are over this bout, you will probably feel stronger to take on knee journey. Is the stiffness any better? I am treading...
  14. A

    MUA Sleeping on my side, 5 weeks post TKR

    @beralc just reading your post and we'll done. Those steps back always seem to move forward, never would we think that at the time. Not too bad, swelling, as expected and couple of short sessions for bending and of course ice,elevate, book. Moving much better, although this morning got...
  15. A

    TKR I'm back again

    @Dolphin5 I think the rest air helps, there is a difference from walking indoors to outside. I find my gait is better outside walking. You're aches are probably the way you are walking/holding yourself. I have horrible back issues and this has really given me problems. Back to my osteo...
Back
Top Bottom