Recent content by andpeaches

  1. andpeaches

    TKR Andpeaches 2nd TKR is DONE!!

    Hi:wave:My 2nd left TKR is now 6 months old!! Wow, there’s been so much improvement I don’t know where to begin! As with the 1st R TKR 5 yrs ago, it’s such a weird up and down bumpy recovery. Mentally this one was easier as I knew the ropes, physically a little more difficult. I had less...
  2. andpeaches

    TKR Jtmav‘s Journey To Two New Knees

    Wow @Jtmav !! I’ve appreciated your cheering me on and I’m so thrilled to read how you’ve turned that huge bend (hah bend) in the road of recovery!!! Yeay!! I’m now 6 months out TODAY and just started riding my bike outside a few weeks ago. It will feel scary the 1st time but as your OS said you...
  3. andpeaches

    TKR What did I get myself into?

    @WillB I feel your concerns. I have been an addicted pickleball player for 2 years. Started playing 3 years after my 1st RTKR in 2018 and honestly the R knee handled my increased running, quick bursts and lateral hopping movements on the court pretty well. It was the L knee with a flipping torn...
  4. andpeaches

    TKR Andpeaches 2nd TKR is DONE!!

    Hi @Layla !! Thank you for checking in!! Yup my new baby knee is actually 10 weeks old now. I just remarked yesterday, while walking our dogs, that my knee pain is finally less than it was preoperatively. That’s a WIN right?!?! And then it woke me up in the middle of last night and said « haha...
  5. andpeaches

    TKR Andpeaches 2nd TKR is DONE!!

    Actually the pain is worse today at 5 1/2 weeks than it was at 3 weeks. Could the stormy weather along the east coast of the USA affect my knee like this?:gaah:
  6. andpeaches

    TKR Andpeaches 2nd TKR is DONE!!

    5 1/2 weeks into LTKR recovery and as I did with the last knee 5 yrs ago, I’m waking up everyday like it’s GROUNDHOG’s DAY!!! Aarrgh:hairpulling: New knee seems to have decided to quit getting better! It doesn’t want to walk more than 30 min. It doesn’t want to go shopping. It doesn’t want to...
  7. andpeaches

    TKR So much stiffness

    Hi @Lemonade hairdo :wave: Besides loving your name! I also am only 1 day ahead of your Valentines TKR and this is also my 2nd TKR. I also am a side sleeper and I get restless legs when I’m on my back with legs elevated. I feel like I’m going to jump out of bed. I do try every night, but the...
  8. andpeaches

    Bilateral TKR Needing a bit of help and info.

    Welcome @AlyCat!! You’re right around the 6-7 week mark. I can’t imagine how challenging a bilateral TKR is at this point. But I know at 1 1/2 months after my 1st single RTKR I was so bewildered at the lack of perceived improvement that I searched for answers and found Bonesmart. I hope you’ll...
  9. andpeaches

    TKR Andpeaches 2nd TKR is DONE!!

    Celebrating not only a gorgeous day here in Southern NJ but also hitting a few milestones. I am 1month into recovery!! I finally feel stronger! Sleeping 4-5 hr stretches at night. Can’t stay on side more than 20 min but oh well. With @wilsonma as my role model, I got out on the pickleball court...
  10. andpeaches

    TKR Recovery from September 1st TKR - 2nd knee.

    Keeping @wilsonma as my role model, guess who got out on the court today exactly 4 weeks after my LTKR!!! These dear friends kept the game really easy, but man it felt great to hit a few good shots. Can’t run laterally but the ball placement hasn’t been lost. Thank you for encouraging me! I feel...
  11. andpeaches

    TKR Happy as a clam :)

    Hi Kim!!! Well if this reassures you, I too have been bothered by low back/L hip pain the last few days and I asked my PT about it. She said it’s very common after TKR and usually gets better when our gait becomes more normal and after we don't need to spend as much time elevating the surgical...
  12. andpeaches

    TKR Andpeaches 2nd TKR is DONE!!

    Oh mendogal! You made me laugh!!! Thank you!
  13. andpeaches

    TKR Andpeaches 2nd TKR is DONE!!

    Hi @kiwicurls :wave:yeay you did it too!! You braved this surgery and recovery for the other knee!! My 1st TKR was on my R one 5 yrs ago and I really dreaded doing this one. But the pain was so severe all through Nov-Dec- Jan that I actually started counting the days down to the surgical day! So...
  14. andpeaches

    TKR Andpeaches 2nd TKR is DONE!!

    Happy Happy Joy Joy (said sarcastically on another rotten rainy day here in NJ) I’m at 3 weeks & 1 day and as I experienced with 1st knee, it’s a slooow going recovery. I’m still going to PT because the therapist believes in gentleness & no pain. She massages it (effleurage) and rocks it so...
  15. andpeaches

    TKR Happy as a clam :)

    Wow Kim!!! I can’t even imagine how painful both of these events were. Bandage ripping off scabs and skin and PT cupping??? On your fragile traumatized knee?? You did the right thing!!! Also your flexion & extension are amazing!!! You’re rehabbing your knee so well just by yourself. Your L knee...
Back
Top Bottom