Recent content by Allthejays

  1. Allthejays

    TKR I did it

    @appaloosa girl Thanks so much for the info :). I see my doctor tomorrow so will ask him about it xx Day 33 and I'm starting to cut back on pain meds. I've stretched my normal pills from 4 hours to five hours in between taking them and have cut out my 6pm lot. Feeling okay apart from a lot of...
  2. Allthejays

    TKR I did it

    Hi Jackie, thanks for that ;). How are you doing? Was just reading your update. Sorry to hear about all your pain xx
  3. Allthejays

    TKR I did it

    @appaloosa girl thanks for the reply. Would love to hear what your os has to say xx
  4. Allthejays

    TKR I did it

    Hi again. Day 26 and I managed a longish car journey (1.5 hours). Felt achey afterwards but not too bad ;) Actually weighed myself today and I have lost a grand total of 23lb! I mean I could tell by my pyjamas that I had lost weight and people kept telling me that the op and the following...
  5. Allthejays

    TKR I did it

    Day 25 and things are healing nicely. Still very stiff and last night was the first time in a few nights that I needed to take pain meds during the night. One question for the people who have been at this stage is.....is it normal to get very tired and ache a lot while just standing?
  6. Allthejays

    TKR Thank God I am now home.

    Hi Jackie, was just wondering how you were doing?
  7. Allthejays

    TKR I did it

    Good to see you about Jackie :). Thanks for your kind words and I'm sure we will both get better in time. My problem is impatience lol. I have always been a very active person and I'm taking the recuperation rather badly lol. I have to keep reminding myself it's just over two weeks and I...
  8. Allthejays

    TKR I did it

    Day 16 and feeling good ;). Pt yesterday was good, I think he actually took pity on me and didn't push lol. I have a bend of 110 and my leg is totally flat to the bed when straight (it didn't straighten at all pre op). Scar is healing nicely and I'm managing around the house with one stick I...
  9. Allthejays

    TKR I did it

    Hi everybody, day 14 today and my knee is doing well. I'm getting about the house on one stick now and can feel the stability in my new knee quite well. I'm at pt tomorrow and will have my dressings renewed or removed as well. I'm lucky that I had dissolvable inner stitches with glue on the...
  10. Allthejays

    TKR I did it

    Day 13 and starting to feel more human lol. The smallest task seems to drain me quickly but I am starting to learn to pace myself. I have an appointment with pt on Tuesday but not sure how much I will be able to do. Again, I will just have to pace myself. Swelling massively improved on my knee...
  11. Allthejays

    TKR I did it

    Thank you all so much for your kind words :). I am day 11 now and home from hospital again. I have been really poorly and sleeping a lot. Final diagnosis was pulmonary embolism and pneumonia. Knee recovering slowly, not so much pain now but still uncomfortable. I will need constant warfarin...
  12. Allthejays

    TKR I did it

    Dana, that's so thoughtful of you ;). I wished you lived closer too x
  13. Allthejays

    TKR I did it

    Day 8 and I am back in the hospital. Haven't felt well for a few days and it turns out that I have developed dvt and pneumonia. Feeling very sorry for myself now and wishing I hadn't agreed to the op Jacky xx
  14. Allthejays

    TKR I did it

    Morning all ;) Day 6 of my recovery and I am a terrible patient lol. Ex has taken children to visit his mam for the day so I can have a total day of rest....thing is I like my kiddies here lol. My eldest, bless him is working away from home at the moment but gets home for weekends. He has put...
Back
Top Bottom