Recent content by AliPali

  1. A

    Hippy New Year

    Hi psych teach, My scars are exactly the place where you surgeon described. I had no restrictions and two amazingly problem free and rapid recoveries. The is so much variety between different surgeons advice. I now hike ,do pilates and salsa. There is no looking back....well....only to be...
  2. A

    Shoes!

    I have found Hotter shoes very comfortable and I believe you can get them online in the US. There are also shops where you can try them on but I don't know if there are any near you. Good luck Ali
  3. A

    Superpath an option for perthes sufferer??

    Hi, Had 2 amazing recoveries . I had posterial lateral approach for both my hips. I went home after 2 days and forgot to use my cane a week after my first hip and did not use any walking aids 2 days after getting my second hip. I was walking a mile with a cane after my first hip. After my...
  4. A

    Are you sitting down !

    Here's your old account. Good luck Ali
  5. A

    Help needed.

    Hi Angie, i am so sorry about your friend. So glad you made it to your appointment. Just hang on in there... Distraction is in order. Give yourself a treat! You wanted to hear post op good stories. Well mine is pretty good. I am going on a 5 mile walk on Saturday with friends. Not too much...
  6. A

    Help needed.

    Hi Angie, Have been to London for the weekend and just noticed your posts. You will have made it through the first stage by the time you read this I expect for which you should be proud of yourself. I really do hope you consultant was reassuring. Some are more interested in the mechanics, as...
  7. A

    THR Woooooohoooooo I did it!!!!

    HappyHippi, I seriously overdid at 1 and a half weeks after hip op number 2 and my muscles complained BIG time. Couldn't walk and had to spend 3 days lying on the settee feeling sorry for myself. After that I continued on my amazing recovery path. I had to learn my lesson the hard way...
  8. A

    What to expect during/after a bilateral hip replacement

    Hello, I am no expert either but having 2 hip replacements (a year apart) has given me my life back. Everyone's body is unique and the process of healing varies. It can take up to a year. My own recovery has been absolutely amazing. No walking aids, back to Pilates class at 10 weeks and...
  9. A

    Help needed.

    Hi Angie, cornishhedge I have been thinking about you. I believe your appointment was due about now. How did it go? Was the surgeon helpful? Did he/she answer all your questions. If your appointment hasn't happened yet Then I really hope it goes well. My recovery is still great. I'm back to...
  10. A

    THR 26 days and I need a hug.

    Hi Queenie, Sorry I did not answer straight away as had family/visitors and social events most of the weekend...a bit exhausting. You wanted to know about Pillates so I will describe my journey. I had been doing chair Pilates and some reformer between my two hip replacements which I am sure...
  11. A

    THR 26 days and I need a hug.

    Oh Queenie I am so sorry that you have these issues. You are amazing, though as you seem to be so positive and up beat on the surface. I am so glad that you have been referred back for advice from the specialists. A good GP is invaluable. Hopefully they can throw some light on your situation...
  12. A

    THR 26 days and I need a hug.

    Zumba GOLD is slower and for people who are wanting to do something lower impact. Nonetheless it was quite energetic. I used to love to do salsa which I haven't done for ages due to my hips. I am hoping that this will help me get back to it. You really will get your life back. Be positive, take...
  13. A

    THR 26 days and I need a hug.

    Well what a small world.. Would never have believed you Poppet were from Bristol. It makes the world seem so much smaller just like this wonderful site. Queenie-hang on in there. Today I went to a Zumba Gold class and although feel a bit tired and 'good achy' feel really good. Ali x
  14. A

    THR TED Stocking Question

    When I had my THRs I had teds,like those in the picture. I was supposed to wear them for 6 weeks....but a nurse there said to me that most people gave them up after 2 weeks as they were so uncomfortable and i also read that there are mixed views about their effectiveness I was on blood thinners...
  15. A

    Bilateral THR New Hips, Jan 17th/2012

    Hello Gail, I did Pilates between my 2 THRs and individually with my teacher since 2 weeks post my 2nd op. My teacher initially based the sessions' exercises on the ones given at the hospital. I then have had weekly sessions on the Reformer at 6 weeks until now. Of course bear in mind I had...
Back
Top Bottom