Shoes!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kugelonthego

Country
United States United States
Now that I'm in recovery, post THR 8 weeks, I need good shoes with tiny heel to wear to an event. What are you wearing that is good support, comfortable and attractive?

Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart®

Kugel, I hear you. But I'm no help! I simply cannot manage even a tiny heel without paying for it before the day is out. I wear Brooks walking shoes for the icy part of the winter, and my beloved Keens at all other times. I have a great pair of Merrill boots, with just the merest suggestion of a heel, and they leave my muscles so fatigued I've given up on them. My daughter is getting married in June....what to do, what to do? Good luck on this quest. I hope you have better luck that I have so far.

Sharon

@kugelonthego , I hear you as well. This has been a real dilemma for me as I must wear an orthotic in my shoes. Hard to find something nice that is a bit dressy. Can you get Kumfs shoes in the US? I had to go to a black tie event and after searching I found these:
Kumfs_Control.jpg
The strap is heavy velcro so can be adjusted to any width and fits nice and snug. The best part is I can wear these all night with no back pain. They aren't cheap - but definitely worth the money!

I am in US and will go online to see where I can find Kumpfs. I am thinking that the only way to get a more feminine look in a shoe is to go with flats-- and sit down a lot!! Shoe manufacturers-- help! There are a lot of us post op women looking for a solution!

Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart®

@ kugelonthego - I wear slippers by Orthaheel and have found them to be very comfortable and supported. You might want to check out their shoe selection on amazon.com or their website to see if they have what you need:

http://www.orthaheelusa.com/women.html

~Hopeful7

Last edited by a moderator:
I have found Hotter shoes very comfortable and I believe you can get them online in the US.
There are also shops where you can try them on but I don't know if there are any near you.
Good luck
Ali

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017
  • Jockette
    Staff member since March 18, 2018

Forum statistics

Threads