Recent content by 58principal

  1. 58principal

    TKR Stairs - 7 weeks post rtkr

    On Tuesday I will be 7 weeks post ltkr. I fell yesterday and landed very hard on both of my new knees. I was in severe pain and very frightened. I sat on the ground for about 10 minutes and began flexing both knees. When I was able to move and bend both knees, I hoped the damage, if any...
  2. 58principal

    TKR Stairs - 7 weeks post rtkr

    I had my ltkr on Tuesday, June 25th and came home today. Like my other tkr in December, I do not require any walking assistance (walker, cane, crutch, etc) and am doing very well. My extension is 9 and my flexion is 110. I am so pleased. Now all I need to do is relax and not ruin anything with...
  3. 58principal

    TKR Stairs - 7 weeks post rtkr

    On Tuesday, June 25th I get my other knee replaced. I sure hope this one goes as well as my last one. Wish me luck! I am so ready to have this surgery.
  4. 58principal

    June Sunbeams 2013 - Are you having knee surgery in June?

    Lovestoread, we share the same surgical date. Good luck. See you on the other side!
  5. 58principal

    How soon after TKR?

    All I can refer to is my experience. I went back to work 3 weeks after my tkr and did fine. I was off meds by two weeks. You are very young so if you rest and ice before going to the concert, I think you will be fine! I hope you are able to go and have a great time
  6. 58principal

    June Sunbeams 2013 - Are you having knee surgery in June?

    I'm scheduled for my left tkr on June 25th. I had my right tkr 6 months ago. I'm just hoping this tkr is as successful as my last one in December!
  7. 58principal

    I'm back!!

    Well, I went to my os and he and I agreed, my left knee needs a tkr so it is scheduled for June 25th. I hope it's as successful as my right tkr has been! I'll keep you posted!
  8. 58principal

    I'm back!!

    I had my right tkr on December 11, 2012 and it went fantastic. I am pain free and able to use that knee freely. My left knee is really arthritic but hasn't been hurting very bad until February. I went to my os who gave me a cortisone injection and it felt really good up until a week ago. Now...
  9. 58principal

    TKR Stairs - 7 weeks post rtkr

    I went to see my os for a follow-up and everything is great. My flexion, extension are great, I'm walking without pain or a limp. The only thing that I'm slower on is walking downstairs properly. My os said that it will come. So overall, this has been an amazing journey and I would recommend the...
  10. 58principal

    TKR Stairs - 7 weeks post rtkr

    Thanks for the response. Prior to surgery, I was limping badly and couldn't straighten my leg so I don't know if I'll ever get it to 0 but now I'm walking without a limp, very little discomfort, so whatever extension I get beyond where I am, I'm happy with. But my goal is still 0. My flexion is...
  11. 58principal

    TKR Stairs - 7 weeks post rtkr

    I've been doing the exercises suggested to improve my extension. The pain I experience during the exercises ( lying belly down on the bed with my lower legs hanging over the edge of the bed) isn't behind my knee but around the front of my knee to my thigh and sometimes toward my ankle. The same...
  12. 58principal

    TKR Stairs - 7 weeks post rtkr

    Thank you so much for the support and encouragement. I love my new knee, but I am very nervous about my progress. I always seem to be a worrier :thankyou:
  13. 58principal

    TKR Stairs - 7 weeks post rtkr

    I'm wondering if someone could ease my concern. I am 7 weeks post rtkr, have flexion at 122 and extension of 10. I am able to walk up stairs fine, alternating feet on each stair, but going downstairs I am still walking down like a two year old with two feet on one stair. When I try doing this...
  14. 58principal

    TKR Stairs - 7 weeks post rtkr

    Maryo52, Thanks for the confidence building answer. I think I worry too much!
  15. 58principal

    TKR Stairs - 7 weeks post rtkr

    Question, is it normal to get sharp pain around my knee when I am sitting with my knee at 90 and step on my tippy toes to stretch my calf? This is anew pain. I'm 6weeks post rtkr, working full time and doing p/t all on my own as of last week.
Back
Top Bottom