Recent content by 54andfighting

  1. 54andfighting

    TKR 54andfighting Has A New Knee

    Jamie, thanks for the check in, and please see my post above! All is well, with likely some more improvement over time !!!
  2. 54andfighting

    TKR 54andfighting Has A New Knee

    Additional proof!! lol
  3. 54andfighting

    TKR 54andfighting Has A New Knee

    Well, a MAJOR ACCOMPLISHMENT AND GOAL REACHED!!! I learned how to stand up paddleboard this week!!! I have wanted to do that for 6 years, ever since I saw a paddleboarder in California on the ocean during a trip there....so, during a trip to Florida last week, thanks to calm seas, new knees and...
  4. 54andfighting

    TKR 54andfighting Has A New Knee

    Let's see.. Squats (now with 4lb weights in each hand), step up and touch downs on a "STEP", mimicking stairs up and down with just touching the toe in back or heel in front, weighted leg press, the usual leg lifts with ankle weights in various positions, I also scoot around on a stool using...
  5. 54andfighting

    TKR 54andfighting Has A New Knee

    Well. Some "hmmmm" items on the new knees. My kneecaps have started to go "thunk" as I get up from sitting and also on the out part of my stride....winter? Wierd! PT says strengthening needed. I'm going twice a week. And, the tendons hurts behind my knees when I roll over in bed with legs bent...
  6. 54andfighting

    TKR Madinana Made it to knee #2

    Air mattress! Up and down! Wow. I just got up and down from the floor last night (am out of town and did rehab ex on the ground) and tough to get up, and I was not even trying to be graceful!!! My second knee is 3 months now, it's going great. Not so much with long term stamina yet but day to...
  7. 54andfighting

    Anyone getting a ConforMis?

    Nervous? Normal! My advise is to keep yourself busy busy busy!!! I traveled, cooked to prep for the time I wouldn't feel like cooking (static standing doesn't feel good), bought good books, organized closets, bought post op clothes (yoga pants and Sketchers Go Walk sneakers lol) and got needed...
  8. 54andfighting

    TKR 54andfighting Has A New Knee

    A few more things I thought of...I did not have a CPM with the first knee due to a communication issue, and did with the second. I would have to say it helped greatly with the flexion, but actually not so much with extension. I Think I neglected my exercises a bit because the flexion was so...
  9. 54andfighting

    Anyone getting a ConforMis?

    And my best to you as well!!!
  10. 54andfighting

    Anyone getting a ConforMis?

    Greetings! I have two ConforMIS knees, done 3 and 6 months ago. The second surgery I stayed in the hospital a mere 12 hours. I have nothing to compare it to, but overall my surgery and recovery I felt like went absolutely great. And I love my new, silent, non creaky knees! Feel free to check out...
  11. 54andfighting

    TKR 54andfighting Has A New Knee

    Thought I'd do a "year end" post, as many are doing, great idea! So...let's see...left knee is 6 months out, right knee 3 months. I am in physical therapy, this time with an approach of "the rest of my life", not just rehabbing a knee. My newest knee has been a little problematic in the...
  12. 54andfighting

    TKR 54andfighting Has A New Knee

    @tiredwife, the narcotics helped me last time too, on the losing weight part...I actually lost 15 much needed lbs since first surgery! I was nauseated in the mornings and really nothing appealed. This time, not so much, which is good (happy not to be nauseated) and bad (eating more). I am...
  13. 54andfighting

    TKR 54andfighting Has A New Knee

    Well @tiredwife , THAT is what I am most looking forward to! Back to being out and about!! To that end, I have joined a gym (starting date, next month) to swim and do the elliptical, then hopefully eventually resume yoga (without everyone hearing my knees crunch and grind!) and I want to try...
  14. 54andfighting

    TKR 54andfighting Has A New Knee

    Yes, tiredwife, maybe that's why the hose look like they are falling down a bit at the top...I Hmm. I don't seem to have that problem... maybe I need to STOP eating!
  15. 54andfighting

    TKR Madinana Made it to knee #2

    @madinana and @gr82cu2, your time draws near!!! Aren't we all glad we do not have three legs, thus this will be the LAST knee replacement?! One week post op on #2, I'm here to say you will be so happy you are on the final uphill climb. This second surgery seems so much easier to me, mostly in...
Back
Top Bottom