Recent content by 1GreatGran

  1. 1GreatGran

    Depression/post-op blues - open for all

    @AgilityDog Good Morning from Ventura, CA. How are u doing? Isn't it fascinating what we learn about our bodies as we heal.. I never realized how many parts of my body was affected by my hip problems. My thoughts and prayers continue to be with you. I don't vhrck this everyday, but promise...
  2. 1GreatGran

    Depression/post-op blues - open for all

    @AgilityDog I did not realized you had fibro. I know a little about, but do know know that do. Managing my emotions and frustration were challenging during ( still sometimes) recovery was hard. I have discovered that my realizing that things work out whether I am involved or not wad hard to...
  3. 1GreatGran

    Depression/post-op blues - open for all

    @AgilityDog First I am so sorry u are struggling. I am 9 months post RTHR and 5 months post LTHR. Both surgeries were posterior. I like u am not a person to cry easily. I am a person who listen to herself and what she feels. Depression was very real for me also. I truly did not understand how...
  4. 1GreatGran

    New here....first post

    @Veronica, did your doctor say why he wanted you to carb load. Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
  5. 1GreatGran

    THR Both Hips

    @Isalee Hi our surgeries were about the same time. First one May 1 (right)and second September 11. Both surgeries were posterior. I can honestly say I have never felt better. The stiffness is still happens after long periods of sitting. Other than that no complaints. I have been able to go...
  6. 1GreatGran

    Bilateral THR Grateful Double Hippy

    I just started back reading your post. First congratulation on the engagement. The ring is beautiful. I am so happy for your son, he has a reason to be proud. My son still struggles with drugs, so hearing his story renews hope. Now to you. We had surgery on the same day last year. My was...
  7. 1GreatGran

    Hip replacement class highlights

    Good Morning It is. amazing the different types of surgeries. I had posterior, the older method. Both hips replaced last year May 1st and September 11. I can honestly say, I have never felt better, youthful[emoji4]. Best wishes for a healthy strong recovery. Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
  8. 1GreatGran

    Hip replacement class highlights

    Where do you live? What type or replacement surgery are u having. Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
  9. 1GreatGran

    Here we go again!

    Hi Sarah I was also scared of the same thing. As it turned out my recovery pains were different. My recovery time was the same. My posterior replacement were 4 months apart, May 2 and 9/11. I have no regrets. In fact very glad I didn't wait. I walk a lot easier, I even been dancing once. A...
  10. 1GreatGran

    THR 1GreatGran2's Recovery Thread

    Hi, I haven't been on in awhile, but today I want to share. 7 weeks post surgery for 2nd replacement. Having 2 hips have made all the difference. I feel like the old me. My Doctor said to me, you never really realize how bad your hips were and he was right. Even seeing the X-Rays still didn't...
  11. 1GreatGran

    THR 1GreatGran2's Recovery Thread

    @Mojo333 My finger sent to soon. How are you doing? I hope you are feel encouraged and strong in recovery. It is about 24 days since surgery for me. Having my second hip done definitely has made a difference. I feel taller, optimistic and can actually see myself taking my 5 mile walks again. I...
  12. 1GreatGran

    THR 1GreatGran2's Recovery Thread

    @Mojo333 Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
  13. 1GreatGran

    THR my new hips

    @Gone again I am 3 and 1/2 weeks post 2nd posterior hip surgery. My surgeries were are 4 months apart. I can honestly said, since the 2nd surgery my movement is so much smoother. My biggest problem is correcting my gait. PT mentioned that now I am retraining my muscle to function correctly...
  14. 1GreatGran

    Recliners or Beds

    Hi @ Hipster48 I had TRHR on May 2 of this year and TLHR on 9/11. I bought my recliner before the first. I also have slept on the recliner because my bed is just a little low and too soft. Also was afraid of my hubby accidentally hit the hip during the night. As Zauberflote mention lots of...
  15. 1GreatGran

    THR 1GreatGran2's Recovery Thread

    Thank you! Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Back
Top Bottom