• SCHEDULED MAINTENANCE. BoneSmart will be unavailable from 8:00am - 10:00am CDT on Tuesday, May 21, 2024 due to required systems maintenance and upgrade.

If you are unable to log in, please check back later and the maintenance should be completed.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

THR Tweetybrd's new hip!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Tweetybrd so glad all went well and your meds are working. Have good rest and take care.

Wonderful news ! So glad it all went well. Sounds like you are doing great. Take care :loveshwr:

So glad that you are feeling so well. Congratulations on the beginning of your pain free life and hip. :flwrysmile:

Happy New Hip Tweetybrd!!!!!!![emoji2][emoji2][emoji2]

Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum

Thanks so much!!!:curtsey:

I got back home this afternoon to my mom, daughter, grandson and my son all waiting for me.:SUNsmile:

I checked in yesterday at 530, they took me to the OR at around 7:30. Barely remember the spinal. Next thing I know I am waking up. Stayed there for about 45 min and then wheeled me upstarts. :happydance:
Once I got upstairs I could have all my family come into the room. I could barely keep my eyes open to visit. LOL
The hospital nurses and others were amazing. I never had to take any extra then what was prescribed.
Because I have hip dysplasia and my ball and the start of my femur are at a weird angle, my OS had three different implants and three different lines of attack to fix my issues. I also had the patch behind my ear to prevent nausea. It worked wonders. I still have it on and have no nausea. :roseshwr:
I am sitting here dozing off, so not sure how this all sounds. I have other things to post but I think I had better have nap first. lol :elevate:

Best of luck for a great recovery @Tweetybrd!!
Just remember to rest & take it easy & let your body heal itself gently & well, as it will!!
:flwrysmile:

Good to hear that you are doing well and are now home with your family - there is no place like home. Don't forget the bonesmart mantra as you feel more awake.

@Tweetybrd
Hi Tweetybrd glad to hear everything went well. Sounds like your going to have a good quick recovery. I'm already in hospital for the past 4 days, the pain just got to bad. Couldn't put any weight on left leg, turns out, I have an abscess. Going into surgery tomorrow to flush, take out abscess and put in a temp hip or spacer. Not sure what method he is using. I guess will see, all the best for a speedy recovery.

Lovely to hear you are home and doing well @Tweetybrd. You're off to a great start, just keep taking it all easy. Wonderful to have the family waiting for you when you arrived home. Love the sound of that patch!

Hey all!! I hope the other January Jackpots are doing well and those still waiting for surgery, Hang in there!! It is really over fast and the OA/ bone on bone pain is gone!:wowspring:

My family is taking good care of me. I told my husband and mom this morning it really is like having a new baby in the house. Everyone was up with me at 2:30 this morning. HAHA
I go to bed in my bed but after just a few hours my back is hurting pretty bad (and yes that is with pillows under my knees ) and I have my DH help me get out on to the couch and set all up there. Then I have been just finishing the night there.
I am doing all things I have learned on here, rest, ice, elevate and taking meds on time. I do have to say all the medicine taking gets really confusing and thankfully my DH is keeping a notebook with it all written down and I have a am and pm pill box.:hairpulling:
I did get a shower yesterday, and it was a bit scary but my DH was right there and I felt wonderful after. :)
I have been either on the couch or on my bed elevating and icing since Sat when I got home. I have started to do a lap of my living room and family room once or twice a day. I have only done the ankle pumps and none of the other exercises they gave me to do. That is the one for blood clots right? I am walking so much better and am not planning on any PT unless my gait is way off and needs corrected. Just walking! Having the other little problem that opioids cause but hopefully with all the stuff the drs office recommended that will be fixed soon.:unsure:
If anyone out there is like many of us and having second thoughts about this surgery as you wait to have it, please, please go ahead with it. Even at only 4days out I am sooooo happy that I did it!

@BMsea I am so sorry to read about your troubles! I will be sending out positive thoughts for a good recovery for you. :console2:

Glad to hear you are doing well!!! My hubby got me this little pill box online from "vitality" and it uses an app called pill buddy on your iPhone (I assume any type of smartphone) it works SO well and tells you exactly when to take what (I'll try to attach a screen shot of it)
Tweetybrd's new hip!!

Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum

@Tweetybrd hi so glad you are doing so well. It's great not to have that horrendous pain any more isn't it!!!! Keep doing what you're doing and have a good rest. Hugs.:friends:

Hey all!! I hope the other January Jackpots are doing well and those still waiting for surgery, Hang in there!! It is really over fast and the OA/ bone on bone pain is gone!:wowspring:

My family is taking good care of me. I told my husband and mom this morning it really is like having a new baby in the house. Everyone was up with me at 2:30 this morning. HAHA
I go to bed in my bed but after just a few hours my back is hurting pretty bad (and yes that is with pillows under my knees ) and I have my DH help me get out on to the couch and set all up there. Then I have been just finishing the night there.
I am doing all things I have learned on here, rest, ice, elevate and taking meds on time. I do have to say all the medicine taking gets really confusing and thankfully my DH is keeping a notebook with it all written down and I have a am and pm pill box.:hairpulling:
I did get a shower yesterday, and it was a bit scary but my DH was right there and I felt wonderful after. :)
I have been either on the couch or on my bed elevating and icing since Sat when I got home. I have started to do a lap of my living room and family room once or twice a day. I have only done the ankle pumps and none of the other exercises they gave me to do. That is the one for blood clots right? I am walking so much better and am not planning on any PT unless my gait is way off and needs corrected. Just walking! Having the other little problem that opioids cause but hopefully with all the stuff the drs office recommended that will be fixed soon.:unsure:
If anyone out there is like many of us and having second thoughts about this surgery as you wait to have it, please, please go ahead with it. Even at only 4days out I am sooooo happy that I did it!

@BMsea I am so sorry to read about your troubles! I will be sending out positive thoughts for a good recovery for you. :console2:

Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart mobile app

Very happy for you that all is progressing well and cannot wait to join you and the other jackpots in recovery.

I'm so very happy to hear that you are home and you are well are on your way to a smooth recovery :happydance:Isn't it miraculous for that old pain to be gone? Truly is life changing, especially after years of suffering with awful pain. I think you're approach of simply walking will work out perfectly. After 8 weeks of PT I stopped and really worked on walking every day and the walking is really what healed my hip. Don't forget slow and steady. Do less than you think you can, follow the mantra and you'll be back in business in no time! PS . At the 4 day mark I resorted to MOM for the other issue and it worked like a charm and I felt so much better. I'm keeping you in my prayers for continued healing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
Rkelley
Recent bookmarks
Back
Top Bottom